Didn't start but cranked over good

-10f this morning and it started right up sitting overnight in a nonheated shed.
The engine light is not on anymore.
Went to Autozone for a free scan... P2016 : intake manifold runner position sensor/switch circuit low bank 1
They didn't know what parts I would need for that code.

Made a few stops around town, and always starts right up. Stopped at Hyundai dealer and asked service advisor if he had any ideas or known common issues with this model not starting, and of course he never heard of such a thing, and didn't think P2016 code would cause that issue.

I guess at this point keep driving it until it happens again. I can get the battery checked, didn't think about it when at Autozone, but the way it starts when cold acts like a good strong battery.

I had that happen on my Jeep once. Seemed to spin over just fine. Someone told me it needed a new battery. I didn't understand because it was spinning over just fine. I hooked it up to my car, it didn't sound any different ... but fired right up. And died as soon as I unhooked the cables.
Come to think of it ...... A coworker asked me to look at his car once and I noticed the battery cable was frayed so I told him to get a new one . The car still wouldn't start even tho it turned over fine . He ended buying a new battery and it started right up . I guess having the battery tested is never a bad idea .

-10f this morning and it started right up sitting overnight in a nonheated shed.
The engine light is not on anymore.
Went to Autozone for a free scan... P2016 : intake manifold runner position sensor/switch circuit low bank 1
They didn't know what parts I would need for that code.

Made a few stops around town, and always starts right up. Stopped at Hyundai dealer and asked service advisor if he had any ideas or known common issues with this model not starting, and of course he never heard of such a thing, and didn't think P2016 code would cause that issue.

I guess at this point keep driving it until it happens again. I can get the battery checked, didn't think about it when at Autozone, but the way it starts when cold acts like a good strong battery.
A quick google search brings these possible causes for the P2016 code.
  • Faulty Variable Charge Motion Actuator (VCMA)
  • Variable Charge Motion Actuator (VCMA) harness is open or shorted
  • Variable Charge Motion Actuator (VCMA) circuit poor electrical connection
I also don't think that code has anything to do with your original issue.

Since it's currently an intermittent problem, it may be hard to track down.

Back