Dex VI - when to change?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by stockrex
Originally Posted by LeakySeals
Also I saw on the list you may have rust poking through the GM frame wax. What you want to do is scrape away the wax around the rust spot. Give it a good clean with a wire wheel some grinding or a little sandpaper. Then cover it up with corroseal. And cover with NOX-RUST X-121B from Daubert. It's the factory wax in a can

So that is what the peeling stuff is, good info, I thought it was some sorta paint peeling.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Clean brush sand > reapply corroseal

I have the stuff peeling big time under the doors, scrape off with a putty knife?

Yes that's the basic procedure. You don't need to remove all the rust just get as much as you can. Then paint the corroseal on with a brush or tiny roller whichever you prefer. Then smother with NOX-RUST X-121B from Daubert. What I see in your pictures is an inferior wax job versus other years. It's just not thick and not adhering to the galvanized surface underneath. So you might as well spray large areas and thicken it up. It's an easy-to-use product that doesn't drip it like foams up very strange. I'm using all three of these in different ways.

20190127_093931.jpg

Hey hey Garak I'm not a retiree, and my old beater diesel has 118k original miles on it.

stockrex - even though you drive an off brand diesel truck, I'll buy ya a couple beers when you're across the border, if within a 100 miles of where I'm at. I'll do the same for that gasoline burning Sasker as well :)

Originally Posted by Garak
Originally Posted by stockrex
Who you ask, some "idiot" named stockrex, I bought it new with 200 miles on it and lots of plans, but few years after that the ex ran away with her boyfriend and tried to take the children with her. Hence the lack of miles, my focus has been on other stuff lately.

On the positive side, that's probably one of the few diesel trucks of that vintage without half a million miles on it, aside from those owned by retirees.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back