Dex III H

Status
Not open for further replies.
GM licenses all blenders who produce Dexron ATF. They only license the latest version...all Dexron ATF on the shelf will be Dexron-III(H) unless you find some very old stock which was Dexron-III(G). Dexron-VI is going into new GM transmissions, and will soon be available at retail...I don't know if it will be fully backward compatible like Dexron-III. (The only exception I know of is older Hondas that call for Dex-II but don't like Dex-III...Honda ATF or Dex-III plus Lubegard Black works.)

Ken

GM is claiming that Dex VI is fully backwards compatable with their transmissions that want Dex III, so I would guess you'd be fine on most other things, but of course GM isn't going to come right out and say that.

Dexron-VI is fully compatible for all prior applications calling for Dexron-III(H) and older. There's no hesistation on GM's part with regards to claiming this; they have been very clear upon the initial release of this product to advertise its backwards compatibility in all Dexron applications.

Apparently, licensed Dexron-III(H) will continue to be avaliable until 12/31/06, which is when all licensing will cease, apparently. I just picked up two gallons of SuperTech Dexron-III(H)/Mercon today at Walmart for $14 total.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back