Detroit Lions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leamington, ON, CA - between Detroit and Cleveland
..... looks like another "rebuilding year"
21.gif
(since 1954)

why dont they just sell the team? so many wasted talents played for that scrub team. [censored] they ran off Barry Sanders (the best running back evar)

The only thing the Fords are guilty of is being too loyal to the wrong people in the front office. If they were more willing to clean house and fire somebody our down times wouldn't be soooo drawn out. Remember Thomas? Millen? Both those guys were here for years and years and their football sense was non existent imo. The Ford ownership has always forked over the cash when it was warranted by the talent, they aren't cheap...they just pick terrible GM's and then trust them too much and for too long.

They need to let Illitch pick the next GM....lol

Originally Posted By: mechtech2
Barry Sanders was great.
Actually , only very good compared to Walter Payton.
think again son. If Barry had Sweetness' or Emmitt's blockers, he'd have rushed for over 2k every year! No doubt about it.

Originally Posted By: GROUCHO MARX
I think the Lions are on the right track. The QB got hurt in the first game.

Looks like these Lions are not the pushovers of the Matt Millen years.

Agreed, They are only missing a couple of pieces of the puzzle to be a good team. Remember, they got robbed week 1.
06.gif

Originally Posted By: dwcopple
Barry Sanders was great.
think again son. If Barry had Sweetness' or Emmitt's blockers, he'd have rushed for over 2k every year! No doubt about it.

I will only admit that every time Walter Payton got tackled, he would just his arms forward with the ball, for that extra 1/2 yard. Almost every time! And the refs never said a word! [They rarely called Michael Jordan for traveling, either!]

Barry Sanders was great.
And he was only very good compared to Jim Brown

I like the Lions. If they were a growth stock I'd buy em. Bet they get 4 wins or mor this year and go 500 next.
Snaders was a lot like Sayers. Shifty...couldn't get a solid hit on em. As they say Payton was a better football player. From a running only angle I'd go with Sanders. Yes Brown exceeds them all ...always will.;/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back