Detroit 3-53T Ingersoll Rand build

Time to build Jimmy up and put him back to work. He'll be running a 375 CFM Ingersoll Rand, so he'll have his work cut out. The plan is 130 HP@2300 rpm, so it will have a Silver bypass blower, intercooler and running propane. I'll have the propane triggered to come on at 10 psi turbo boost and expect to run it a max of 15-20 psi boost. All vitals will be monitored to see how it performs. Happy Detroit and Happy Thanksgiving.:)
IMG_9808.JPG

IMG_9806.JPG
IMG_9810.JPG

Your work is amazing !!! I enjoy your posts of your incredible accomplishments. Still,,, I'll fess up to hating the Detroit 2 strokes and will never let you forget.;)

Your work is amazing !!! I enjoy your posts of your incredible accomplishments. Still,,, I'll fess up to hating the Detroit 2 strokes and will never let you forget.;)
Thanks, Detroit's aren't for everyone but I like them. Something different than the typical Cummins power.:) Don't get me wrong I love Cummins as well, but have all these Detroit's that need a home.lol

Is this a Diesel engine of some sort? I haven’t seen one this small. And if it’s running an Ingersoll Rand I’m not sure. Happy Thanksgiving also.

Is this a Diesel engine of some sort? I haven’t seen one this small. And if it’s running an Ingersoll Rand I’m not sure. Happy Thanksgiving also.
Yes it's Detroit 353, looks small without any gear on it. Once it's built up it's much larger.:) Non the less it is one of the smaller units Detroit made.:)

Yes it's Detroit 353, looks small without any gear on it. Once it's built up it's much larger.:) Non the less it is one of the smaller units Detroit made.:)
Awesome. I work on Diesel engines a lot mostly Cat and Paccar since I fix my dads truck and all his friends trucks too. I’ve never seen on taken all the way down to the block.

Back