Detailing is a pain !

Originally Posted By: bretfraz

It got started back in late 2001/early 2002 when Meguiar's introduced NXT as their longest lasting product. When numerous experienced detailers tested it for themselves, most were underwhelmed at its durability; 4-8 weeks was common.

Thanks for the background info. Sometimes it's hard to shake a mistake...like the infamous "Deathstar" hard drives of the '90s.

Regards,
GEWB

If you read the "enthusiast's" opinions on autopia, they still are not impressed with the durability of NXT 2.0. I have some. It's very easy to use. Based on price/performance, most would say it's "average". Products like DG 105 and IW 845 are cheaper, and last longer.

Originally Posted By: kkreit01
Those who use NTX 2.0 have to wax monthly -- because that's how long it lasts:)

Doubt It. Most people wax their cars once or twice a year with these so called Yearly waxes expecting the shine to last, Not! I use a spray detailer inbetween washes which extends the life of the wax.
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: kkreit01
If you read the "enthusiast's" opinions on autopia, they still are not impressed with the durability of NXT 2.0. I have some. It's very easy to use. Based on price/performance, most would say it's "average". Products like DG 105 and IW 845 are cheaper, and last longer.

I find "enthusiast" opinions vary on many products. You see it all the time where people disagree on durability, look, etc. There are favorites (Nu Finish seems to be popular here!) There are a lot of good products out there and I bet most could not the car in the parking lot that had DG, Zaino, or NXT if they were all properly prepped.

Wow this is old :LOL:
Been using M26 and Collinite 845 for wax base and after every wash BeadMaker when drying the car. blow dry with an electric leaf blower then spray down the panel with BM and a wipe down with a damp MF waffle weave towel, gives a beautiful shine and extends the wax. ;)
IMG_0938.JPG
IMG_0303.JPG

Last edited:
It is a lot of work, now since I only want to avoid an old car's paint fading I just wax / seal the top and sloped surface of the car and leave the vertical surfaces not waxed / sealed. It saves a lot of time and it should be "good enough".

Dont wash a car with a brush!!!! The softest brush in the world will still give light scratches.

Wash with cotton/Microfiber mit

then clay

then wash again with cotton/microfiber mit

Check out Autopia.org
the best car detailing forum on the web.
I like to watch the Morons drive through the Cheap-O $3.00 car wash you get with gas in their brand new Lexus, Mercedes and Hi-Po Mustangs. I shake my head... They'll spend $$$$$$ for the car...but balk at a finer wash and detail....

It is a lot of work, now since I only want to avoid an old car's paint fading I just wax / seal the top and sloped surface of the car and leave the vertical surfaces not waxed / sealed. It saves a lot of time and it should be "good enough".
Don't forget the top 1/4 of the doors/fenders/qtr panel - those receive a lot of sun exposure too.

Back