Dent repair scam

Got this in my Ring Neighbors app, Bellevue WA.
Not sure how anyone can fall for this, but apparently some do
99162D19-6E00-4A13-9677-E7936EC9945C.png

***? It's like I'm in the twilight zone on this. If some random stranger offered dent repair, no, but suppose I was out of my mind on alcohol, blow, and had hookers so I was "busy" (I am kidding)... then, when he wanted $100+, I'd laugh my arse off and contemplate what to do with him. Do I have a burlap sack and reasonable proximity to a desert and a shovel?

"Very persistent and will not let you leave easily"? Trust me, he's the one hoping I let him leave. That's so ridiculous. If you are a female and might feel intimidated, I suppose it is a reason for pepper spray, stun gun, etc.

It's not a scam. It's an idiot and when his wax doesn't magically fix a dent, you don't pay him. Instead you laugh your arse off.

A fellow worker had some cheap body work done by a couple of travelers. Looked nice, primer and all until the first wash. It appeared to be flour paste or similar.
So how does one find this kind of professionals? Do they approach you or it's craigslist?

Wow I mean seriously he could at least slap a big glob of bondo on it and hit it with a spray can.

When we were traveling in the US a deer ran into the side of my then almost new Honda Accord. When we stopped at a motel a few nights later a guy drove up in a half ton and offered to pull out the dents for $100. I didn't take him up on it.

When we got home I was having some paint-less dent removal work done before the big repairs on the deer bashed side. I asked the guy what he though could be done on the big dents. He got out a toilet plunger and roughly pulled it back in shape. Took about 2 minutes. Not anywhere close to acceptable for a nearly new car. Might have been okay enough in some parts of the world for a clunker.

I suspect the guy in the truck would have done something similar and then demanded his cash - pay up or else!

The hometown paint-less dent removal guy pulled out 4 small dents on the door on the other side for $50. A perfect job too.

Back