Denso First Time Fit 150-2058

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just ordered an oil filter for my 2013 Silverado Duramax from Rock Auto for my first oil change on this vehicle. Figured a Denso would be a decent choice as I've used them on my Toyota, but I see that this filter is made in China, not Japan, Thailand or USA as I know other Densos are. Should I have any concerns using a Chinese Denso?

Denso is widely respected for producing quality products from plants all around the world. There should've no difference in quality no matter where the product was manufactured.

Denso FTF filters used to be Made in US, used a silicone adbv and appeared to be generally well made with anecdotes posted. Unlike the no endcap construction of the Thai made Denso used on Toyotas, the US made FTF's all used classic metal endcap construction. I don't believe I ever saw an efficiency rating attached to their specs though.

As noted the new(er) FTF appear now to be made in China. The anecdote I saw posted and linked here, shows metal endcap construction but at least in this application uses a nitrile adbv as opposed to previous silicone. They also use a louvered centertube, but those shown appear to be very well formed. https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3819110/Re:_Denso_oil_filters,_new_par

Based on what I see in the link, I wouldn't have any concerns about running one in your Silverado. Since you already have it, run it and when your done cut it open. 'Imo' construction looks equivalent to the ACDelco 'classic' construction.

All that said, between the older FTF made in US and the newer FTF, my choice would be the former. But that's a different question.

Had big problems with oiling with dealer replacement Thai Denso in the mid 2000's. Two different Toyotas. No problem with Japon Denso as used on lexus. Put the Japan denso on no problem. Must have been over treated media or ??. With the advent of VVT cars nothing but oddball oiling issues. No there is the variable capacity oil pump in the mix.

I hope you can post some pictures when they arrive. The black adbv is supposed to be silicone according to Denso. It can be black and be silicone. The one cut open linked here above puts other filters to shame as far as louvers and quality of construction. Denso is funny in that the FTF Thai blue filter used to show no end caps design on the box, yet inside the filter had end caps. The Thai blue can ones were first class quality.

Thanks, everyone. I figured the filter was good, but wanted to check. It is arrived yesterday and is sitting in my garage until I get a chance to change the oil. I will post pics as soon as I can.

Originally Posted By: goodtimes
I hope you can post some pictures when they arrive. The black adbv is supposed to be silicone according to Denso. It can be black and be silicone. The one cut open linked here above puts other filters to shame as far as louvers and quality of construction. Denso is funny in that the FTF Thai blue filter used to show no end caps design on the box, yet inside the filter had end caps. The Thai blue can ones were first class quality.

I bought 20ea recent Chinese production Denso's for my F150 and IIRC, the wording on the box changed to describe the ADBV and dropped the silicone description. When I get home later tonight, I will double check but I get the impression they are no longer silicone made and their website ad copy description is out of date in that regard.

Originally Posted By: jj51702
DENSO
That's my mantra. We can't have two members doing that as it upsets at least one other member.DENSO
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back