Delvac 15W-40 or Delo 400 XLE 15W-40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found some Mobil Delvac 15W40 on rollback at walmart for about $30 for 2.5 gallons

and then found Delo 15W40 XLE on clearance for about $13/gallon....

Going in a Kubota L2501 tractor, and I am wondering if I should stock up a little....each change is just under 2 gallons worth....both prices seem pretty good...is one a better deal (or any better oil than the other?) - there is no emissions stuff on the L2501 and the recommended oil is CH or CI-4 oil with CJ-4 specifically NOT recommended (I know thats probably out of date...but for what its worth).

The semi-syn - Delo 400XLE could be worth stocking some, but I notice that now the Delvac is advertised as semi-syn also.....and if I understand correctly - almost anything can be labeled semi-syn these days...

Question is - either one worth it or nah?

Tractor Supply Co. has had Mobil Delvac 1300 for $8.99/Gallon for a few weeks now. Check your local store.

Originally Posted by OilReport99
Tractor Supply Co. has had Mobil Delvac 1300 for $8.99/Gallon for a few weeks now. Check your local store.

Wow - even cheaper!....I had the tax included, but still - I now see that they even have a 'rebate' (I know them to sometimes work out, and other times not) for $6 off per gallon or $12.50 off per 2.5gallons).

With both being so economical right now - I just want to stock up on the better oil for my application...I know its kinda subjective....but - thoughts?

Originally Posted by tundraotto
Originally Posted by OilReport99

Wow - even cheaper!....I had the tax included, but still - I now see that they even have a 'rebate' (I know them to sometimes work out, and other times not) for $6 off per gallon or $12.50 off per 2.5gallons).

With both being so economical right now - I just want to stock up on the better oil for my application...I know its kinda subjective....but - thoughts?

I don't see a reason to stock up. It will be there next month as well.

I have been using Delvac 1300 Super oil 15W40 in my Kubota tractor since I bought it 18 years ago and it is running fine and never had an engine issue. Have never changed brands or type of oil in that tractor since new.

That sounds like what I want....just getting greedy maybe, with the Delo XLE - never used it. Just seems so good on paper......

After the plant upgrades … Delvac Super uses GII+ base stocks … Noack around 10
I'd take either over the cheese dip brand this cult loves…

Originally Posted by tundraotto
How does that compare to the Delo XLE? I cant find the NOACK?

I don't have any experience with Delo 400 XLE 15W40, but I've used the 10W30 XLE and it did a great job. I'm not sure on the NOACK numbers, but I'm sure you could email Chevron directly and they'd give you that info. I've talked with their folks on their Lube-Tek phone number, and they were very helpful.

In my application, Pre-EPA Detroit Series 60 motor, the different variants of Delvac and Delo that I've tried performed identically in UOAs. I decided to buy the brand that was priced the lowest and was the easiest to find.

I drive long haul, and I'm usually loaded anywhere from 77,000 to 79,500 lbs GVW. I typically do my OCIs every 15,000 miles or 300 hours. I've pushed past those numbers by a little here and there, and the UOAs showed I could go even further, on both brands.

As a side note: I've been using Phillips 66 Guardol ECT 15W40 and 10W30 for close to a year and a half, roughly 175,000 miles, because I could get it for a lower price than Delo, but it's price per gallon has gone up a bit, unless I buy it in bulk. It's another solid performer.

I'll be switching back to Delvac Super 1300 15W40 and 10W30 soon. The gentleman who I'm leased on with stocks bulk 15W40 Delvac Super 1300 in his shop, and we're going to go in together on a barrel of Super 1300 10W30 for winter use. The cost per gallon of these two Delvac products are the cheapest I can find on any big name brand HDEO.

So, long story short. IMO Delo 400 and Delvac 1300 are excellent oils. Buy whichever is the easiest to find, and the lowest priced. Your engine won't notice any difference between the two, and you can rest assured whichever brand you choose will provide excellent service for your engine.

Thanks a lot for that useful info. Reaffirming to have real world experiences, and not just reading manufacturer specs etc.

Originally Posted by 4WD
After the plant upgrades … Delvac Super uses GII+ base stocks … Noack around 10
I'd take either over the cheese dip brand this cult loves…

Originally Posted by Rglossip
Curios what "cheese dip brands " means?

I take it as referring to the yellow Shell brand with the chip-looking clam logo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back