Delo Grease ESI HD EP 2 or Delo starplex EP 2 for 4runner.

I need to lubricate drive shaft on my 4runner. I plan to use the same grease on both joints. Can I use Delo Grease ESI HD EP 2 ( now called as Starplex HD EP 2 on my 4runner?

Then how can we answer if that grease is ok?

is this a new 4 runner a 27 year old one with 5 owners.. you give us no info so no correct answer is possible.

Then how can we answer if that grease is ok?

is this a new 4 runner a 27 year old one with 5 owners.. you give us no info so no correct answer is possible.
It is 2016 4runner with 100000 miles. I am the second owner.

For a driveshaft it's good. We used it for a while and it didn't do so well in things like ball joints. It seemed to get pounded out of place and didn't flow back in, so went back to regular Delo grease. I still use it in things like spindle bearings and seasonal ag equipment where it gets stirred up so to speak.

For a driveshaft it's good. We used it for a while and it didn't do so well in things like ball joints. It seemed to get pounded out of place and didn't flow back in, so went back to regular Delo grease. I still use it in things like spindle bearings and seasonal ag equipment where it gets stirred up so to speak.
So what will be your recommendation?

I think that Starplex is the better product where water is present.
I called the customer care, they recommend regular starplex EP 2 but they also told me Delo ESI HD EP 2 is now renamed to starplex HD EP 2. Isn't HD better than regular? They also only sell in 10 pack.

I called the customer care, they recommend regular starplex EP 2 but they also told me Delo ESI HD EP 2 is now renamed to starplex HD EP 2. Isn't HD better than regular? They also only sell in 10 pack.
Download the 2023 Chevron "product salesfax digest" . It shows the ESI and starplex as two separate products.
I bought a 10 pack of the Delo #2 a few years ago for greasing railroad switches. GCLB covers everything I need a grease for.

Back