Delo 400 CI4+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone hear that the Delo 400 CI4+ has 224ppm Moly in it?? I heard it on a diesel site..it's the new SM series oil..that's why the "+" on the end..

Delvac used to contain moly in it, dont think the latest MX does anymore judging by its color, one of the reasons, Delvac Super would post slightly higher HTHS numbers over Delo 400, but never though Caltex would resort to moly, got to have a look now.

quote:

Originally posted by Arup:
Delvac used to contain moly in it, dont think the latest MX does anymore judging by its color, one of the reasons, Delvac Super would post slightly higher HTHS numbers over Delo 400, but never though Caltex would resort to moly, got to have a look now.

Dino Delvac sold in US is called 1300 and contains Mo. Delo 400 does not.

quote:

Originally posted by Arup:
never though Caltex would resort to moly, got to have a look now.

Delo CXJ dino has a reasonable slug of Moly. That's their "Japanes" engine oil, with 2% sulfated ash, CF ratings, and Jaso Dh-1.

quote:

Originally posted by SKUNKY:
Did anyone hear that the Delo 400 CI4+ has 224ppm Moly in it?? I heard it on a diesel site..it's the new SM series oil..that's why the "+" on the end..

The "PLUS" is for the improved soot handling properties of the oil in modern diesels with exhaust gas recirculation. SM doesn't directly relate to PLUS except that they're both happening at about the same time. They need to upgrade to SM to continue to be a "fleet" oil for both gasoline and diesel engines.

Ken

Shannow,

Thanks for the info on Delo CXJ, never seen it sold here in India, only the Delo 400 is sold here. Any ideas if the Delvac MX is being sold in Australia, out here Mobil has replaced the Super with MX, very little details on MX is available anywhere and I am yet to come across UOA or VOA on MX versus Delvac Super.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back