Delo 400 CI4+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: BriantheBrain
Originally Posted By: sunruh
the CI4+ oils (that are now hard to find) hold up much better than the newer CJ4 oils do.

I am curious as to why you believe that the CI4+ oils are hard to find. I called up my local Chevron distributor and ordered a 5 gallon pail of DELO 400 15w-40 MultiGrade. That is not the LE version. Finally, that was $48.15 vs $51.70 for the LE version.

Brian

Yea you had to locate the number call up and order it,the average consumer is not going to go through that trouble and their just going to run to wal mart or what ever chain store and look for an oil witch is going to be SM.

it is hard to find it's all SM now.

Originally Posted By: daman
the CI4+ oils (that are now hard to find) hold up much better than the newer CJ4 oils do.

I am curious as to why you believe that the CI4+ oils are hard to find. I called up my local Chevron distributor and ordered a 5 gallon pail of DELO 400 15w-40 MultiGrade. That is not the LE version. Finally, that was $48.15 vs $51.70 for the LE version.

Brian

Yea you had to locate the number call up and order it,the average consumer is not going to go through that trouble and their just going to run to wal mart or what ever chain store and look for an oil witch is going to be SM.

Even though I did have to look up a number and call, I must say it was easier. Didn't have to go to the parts store and deal with them. Also, when I ordered it, the deliver to my house for free.

That is just me, and seeing as you can work smarter instead of harder I will just keep calling in orders when needed.

Originally Posted By: daman

Brian

Even though I did have to look up a number and call, I must say it was easier. Didn't have to go to the parts store and deal with them. Also, when I ordered it, the deliver to my house for free.

That is just me, and seeing as you can work smarter instead of harder I will just keep calling in orders when needed.

SOme times working smarter IS working harder. :)

I'll throw this one out, since Delo400 15/40 is not rated for most mc wet clutches, what does that do to the engine or wet clutches?? Just curious for your thoughts.

Based on a lot of reading I have done, I was just about to switch over to Delo 15w40 for my bikes (due to the touted add pack), but I also noticed the high amount of Moly and now have serious second thoughts.

Maybe TucsonDon has it all figured out with Rotella 15w40!!!

I ran Delo 400 SAE 50 in my 32 year old Harley for a summer. I got a great seal on the rings, much better than other oils I've tried. Not so sure how it acted on the cam and lifters. I might have gotten some slightly accelerated wear there, but I'm not sure. I've noticed accelerated cam wear with some oils, particularly the straight weight Phillips aviation oil. Wiped out a cam and a set of rollers in no time running that. Aero Shell worked great.

No idea what the difference is, but I've had A&P mechanics tell me that there is one. One A&P mechanic told me that some oils are made for engines that run at a steady rpm, other oils are made for engines that run at varying rpm. I don't know.

All in all, I'd say the Delo 400 is a good oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back