Definition of Preservation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was doing a little research on a line of mezcals I've been enjoying. This quote caught my eye and I really liked it and just wanted to share.

"Preservation is not about museums, where you visit the work of the dead or the hugely famous. True preservation is finding a way to provide a livelihood for humans who embody traditional ways of working and living so that they have the resources, both fiscal and psychological, to integrate their way of life into the modern world in ways that do not destroy important aspects of how they are living right now or the integrity of what they produce. It’s not easy."

Don't agree. That paragraph outlines harmonious association. Examples would be Amish and Mennonite communities adjacent to modern life.

A BITOG example: Emotional acceptance of your neighbors wish to non-synthetic oils versus your allegiance to full synthetic. Not Easy.

Last edited:
Didn't claim to agree or disagree. I just liked the quote. It was from Craft Distillers and the context relates to the lowering of normal profit margins to preserve the old-school way of making agave spirits, which I enjoy.

Originally Posted By: RedOakRanch
That's called conservation.

How come Conservatism lost the Conservation part ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back