Decided to replace T-IV with Valv Maxlife Full Syn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Eddie
IS VML listed as meeting the T-IV specs? If not then that is a very good reason not to experiment with a transmission.

For legal reasons...they can't say "meets specs", unless they pay the MASSIVE licensing fee. However, it is "suitable for".
wink.gif

It should work fine.
VML is on the thinner side these days so if you have high mileage Castrol IMV might be a better choice.

Originally Posted By: pbm
It should work fine.
VML is on the thinner side these days so if you have high mileage Castrol IMV might be a better choice.

High miles (155k)......but driven literally like a grampa. NEVER towed anything. Never stressed. The engine rarely sees anything over about 2,200 rpm. I just used Maxlife. Dumped 3.3 quarts and replaced. The rest is T-IV (about 40% of which has less than 20k miles on it). I'll do one more dump and replace...and then forget it for another 50k.

Originally Posted By: lomez
Can't think of a single reason not to.

The extra weight in your wallet is going to reduce your fuel economy.
wink.gif

I have used it in many repair shops. They can get a good deal on a 55 gallon drum of it. Nobody ever has a car problem related to the ATF.

If you haven't changed your PSF, use Maxlife ATF there as well.

My 03 Saab 9-3 with 108k on it calls for T-IV and I'm currently using Maxlife. The car seems to love it.

Originally Posted By: Mkos1980
My 03 Saab 9-3 with 108k on it calls for T-IV and I'm currently using Maxlife. The car seems to love it.

My 05 Equinox calls for the GM version of T-IV. Have had maxlife in for 3 years now and it works great! Use it with confidence

I agree the Castrol Transmax Import Multi Vehicle ATF is a very high quality alternative that is NOT synthetic.

If you own an older car and are concerned about your seals I would suggest this option.

I used to use the maxlife ATF allot, I don't think I would use it now that it is a very light LV formulation that is much lower than toyotas T-IV viscosity.

Its probably fine, but it not "spec".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back