Death threat against your children...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kudos to you for handling this so well. Keep a level head but I would do whatever you can to remove your family from this guy's reach in anyway. And I also agree with having a gun!

Originally Posted By: Olas
Are bull bars with spikes welded on too 'mad max' of a suggestion?
No! It also solves a lot more problems than just this guy! LOL

Press charges and get the restraining order. The fuzz should help with this and see if the photographing her counts as stocking, premeditation, etc. They should confiscate his phone for evidence.

Not sure about the gun. If he's on foot, and you're in a car, you have a moral if not legal duty to flee, which should be easy enough.

I would seriously consider a protection order. Sounds like no one (including the local police) has stood up to this nutjob yet.

Originally Posted By: Astro14
I would file the complaint and get a restraining order. You've got the pictures and proof of the threat.

Then get the dash cam so that any future incidents are recorded.

Arming someone is a big step that requires training, legal education, and a decision to be willing to use lethal force. Just keep in mind that she is at the controls of a 4,000 lb machine - far more powerful than any gun from a pure physics perspective. The gas pedal and steering will get her away from this guy should he ever threaten her again...and the dash cam will provide all the evidence she needs to see this guy prosecuted.

Excellent advice. If he is mentally unbalanced enough to take all those pictures, what he may or may not do is unpredictable. I would do the above to create the paper trail in case this escalates.

Firstly let me start by saying that even though this child is handicapped obviously the child isn't an invalid and has some sort of function and is obviously able to navigate getting into the bus by themselves safely,and the fact that the bus wasn't flashing the stop sign and lights means the bus driver saw fit to allow traffic to carry on.
Which means it's the driver who made the call to allow traffic to continue and that's where fault lies,if there is really any fault to be attributed here.
And of course no harm no foul.......

Until the lunatic started beating on a moving vehicle threatening the lives of the occupants.
And he took pictures.....which tells me this guy is way to invested in this whole situation and obviously was interested enough to call police and so on.

He threatened children. There is absolutely no tolerance in my view for such behaviour from an adult,and whether he meant the threats or not I'd be taking them seriously and I'd want the cops to prosecute 100%.
There are real crimes out there by sick people involving kids,and this guy has just added himself to the list of potential offenders by opening his mouth,and that's a risk I refuse to accept.
That a grown man threatens a child's safety because he's angry about how a person drove in traffic in the vicinity of his handicapped child.
Not acceptable. Do not blow this off. Don't turn the other cheek.
Prosecute him.

What is he's serious......
Think about it.

Disregard my advice OP; I only have over three decades of experience working in law enforcement and/or the court system.

Also one thing to think about. In Florida the law does not allow a weapon in a school zone with or without a concealed weapons license. I do not know about your state but just one thing to consider.

^^^

It is the same in PA buuut they be throwing the book at you for other reasons if that was the case.

You can easily conceal a handgun and no one would be the wiser.

Press charges and get a restraining order ASAP.
Time is of the essence.
She should also keep her gun in the car.
The dashcam is an excellent idea and it is true if evidence is ever needed this will be the best source.

I too would consider this very serious. Taking photos, making death threats and this guy is near a school (read: gun-free zone)?

At work, we routinely go through work place violence training classes. I was always taught to report incidences like this to our security department and they would take the necessary steps to elevate this to the proper authorities. In your case, reporting it to the police is just the first step.

I would also strongly suggest that you ask the police if your daughter's school administration had been notified of the incident. Let the police talk to the school. You reported it. It is their job to follow through.

This is similar to having a co-worker tell you that his/her partner is abusing them at home. When this escalates, it can follow them to work and usually ends tragically.

Not saying that it will.....just saying.

20+ years in law enforcement speaking here...

First of all, echoing all above who say to pursue criminal charges. Get the names of all possible witnesses and get statements from them ASAP. Some of the best silent witnesses we have these days are cameras on things like ATMs, stoplights, small businesses, etc.

I would be most worried about the photos. Why did he take them? That is not a normal course of action for an angry person who is themselves doing something wrong (threatening). I would be extremely concerned that he plans on running MIL's license plate and tracking her down. Not sure about PA, but in some states license plates are viewed as the property of the state, and the records behind them (owner's name, address, etc.) are available to anyone, especially if the incident occurred on a public thoroughfare.

At one of the first agencies I worked at, small town PD, we had a similar-sounding guy who would come to the station weekly to get license plate records for any car whom he perceived as using his driveway as a turnaround. Trespassing and disturbing him, as he saw it. He said he was just "keeping them on file" in case he had a break (large property w/outbuildings). He had a screw loose, but it took a while for anyone to be concerned. Eventually the requests got so numerous that the Chief told him to write to the state if he wanted more records.

Originally Posted By: methusaleh

I would be most worried about the photos. Why did he take them? That is not a normal course of action for an angry person who is themselves doing something wrong (threatening).

Im not long term LEO, but IMO that's not the case. If I felt that somebody was doing something dangerous, and I had a tool in my pocket to document, then for certain I would.

The fact that there are threats and that any risk or danger is apparently way overblown and completely wrong is another story... But that's not how the person making the threats is seeing it.

To me, the first line of approach is document, document, document (notice all the calls for dash cams). A picture is worth a thousand words. The guy making threats may be an imbecile, and is taking photos of irrelevant stuff. Not our problem. But he has a tool to use and is using it. To me that is not irregular, IMO/personally. The rest of the situation IS totally weird. I agree that prosecution is prudent, because there are threats (irrelevant to the photos), and an unstable guy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back