Lions, and tigers, and death threats OH MY

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by ShortBuSX:
Well Im just sorry that that is the only point that you clung to from my post...I wish you well brother...if you dont mind, how long were the 2 of yall together?

6 1/2 years, engaged for 2 years lived together for about 5 1/2 years.

quote:

Originally posted by bretfraz:

quote:

Half of her family has practially disowned her and the rest of them think she's an idiot.

These are smart people. You need to join them immediately.

Stay away from her and her "boyfriend". You did the right thing by leaving the bar but you did two dumb things by contacting her to apologize (dude, what was THAT about? NEVER be apologetic to a woman who threw you under the bus along with the other guys she's done it to.)

There is no positive outcome by maintaining contact with her. She is not coming back to you.

Amen..
Apologizing for happening into the wrong place at the wrong time by chance, and for doing the gentlemanly thing by leaving? WTH is that about? Could it be you were hoping the door might open back up for you? Any residual feelings? If there are, (you are entitled to them,) deal with them and put them away. Girls that play will continue their behavior, no matter how much you fuss, argue, dote on or love them. Let this girl go for good sir. You have demonstrated your integrity and honor by being kind, receiving her mail (and letting her know) and walking out of the bar when a difficult situation was presented to you. You deserve someone faithful, and who will return your feelings. And you should never apologize for being a gentleman.

quote:

Originally posted by beanoil:
Apologizing for happening into the wrong place at the wrong time by chance, and for doing the gentlemanly thing by leaving? WTH is that about?

Yes in retrospect it was quite stupid. I have been nothing but a gentleman to her in all respects after she left (save for the first week of the two of us having bitter arguements back and forth... but that was all cleared up and is why I have been gentlemanly towards her since.)

quote:

Could it be you were hoping the door might open back up for you? Any residual feelings? If there are, (you are entitled to them,) deal with them and put them away.

No, I never want to get back with her. I made up my mind about that along time ago. But I never felt the need to be a complete jerk to her either even in light of what she did to me.
quote:

Girls that play will continue their behavior, no matter how much you fuss, argue, dote on or love them. Let this girl go for good sir.

You are absolutely correct and I am happy she has found someone else to play games with.

quote:

You have demonstrated your integrity and honor by being kind, receiving her mail (and letting her know) and walking out of the bar when a difficult situation was presented to you. You deserve someone faithful, and who will return your feelings. And you should never apologize for being a gentleman. [/QB]

Thank you. And I'll keep that in mind.

And so it begins.

Just about 1 minute ago while I was setting here in my garage on my laptop surfing the web whilst smoking a cigarette (I don't smoke in my house) and enjoying some tea the current boyfriend just drove by my driveway in the passenger seat of his brothers truck flipping me off. The only reason I even looked up is because at the intersection they must have power braked the truck because I heard squealing tires and then a vehicle rolling very slowly past my driveway with the ****wad hanging halfway out the window giving me a one finger salute with each hand. Real mature for a 28 year old with 3 kids.

I haven't even gotten around to filing the restraining order. That's set for Thursday and now he's pulling this ****. I think its about time I apply for a concealed carry permit as well if this is the kind of nonsense that's going to occur.

Well..you are in law enforcement so obviously you know the ramifications of shooting someone..lawsuits, lawsuits, and lawsuits.
frown.gif
IOwa..according to packing.org presents some problems getting a license. Unless you are in an "Almost Always Shall Issue County" you can have problems.

-
Good idea to start applying now though.
smile.gif

It seems odd behavior for him to be so antagonistic without provocation. Is there something we don't know about him? Is your ex encouraging him? Do you know him from before? You might consider some sort of home security (besides the .357) involving cameras to catch this behavior or worse.

I live in one of the green counties on that map. I know plenty of people who have concealed carry permits. It'll be easier for me working at the prison and doubly so in light of recent events.

As far as the legal ramifications, yes I'm aware of those. However, dead men tell no tales, and if it came down to a case of self defense in which I absolutely had to shoot, he'd probably end up dead.

Tosh, there may be some things I don't know about him, like perhaps he really is an unstable nutjob. I am looking into additional home security. I figure a couple of wireless web cams will give me coverage for the two sides of the house exposed to the street and I can mount a wired one in my office window to cover the driveway, rear enterance, and garage/patio area and set up my desktop to record at 1/2 second intervals when motion is detected.

quote:

Originally posted by Forkman:
However, dead men tell no tales, and if it came down to a case of self defense in which I absolutely had to shoot, he'd probably end up dead.

Believe me family members will come out of the woodwork to sue for "Wrongful Death"
frown.gif

Oh, I would fully expect a wrongful death suit. However, it'd be a bit hard to justify if I was never charged with anything much less convicted criminally.

Civil cases are somewhat dependant upon the outcome of a criminal case. If there are never any criminal charges brought in the first place, the civil case becomes extremely weak.

Too bad I couldn't counter-sue his mother for giving birth to an idiot and not terminating the pregnancy with extreme prejudice.

Dude, let this go. Seriously. His threat to hurt you, not kill you was his rooster response to finding out about your text message to the girl. Don't play the game with him. If he was really going to try and hurt you, he would have already tried.
Now you're sitting around fantasizing about killing him in some sort of self-defense and not getting in trouble over it? Come on. Be big and let it go. If he actually attacks you, attack him back if you must, but you're sounding more than a bit obsessed.

MarkC, I'm not the one who drove by his house for the express purpose of flipping him the bird. He did that to me on Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back