Dearth of American Auto Brands in My Area

At least where I'm it's a near even mix. I say 55% are foreign cars with 20% of them luxury, 20% non luxury Japanese and 15% non luxury European. My block alone is the same thing. Mainly Toyotas, Hondas, Subarus. A Lincoln, couple of Jeeps, A F150, Silverado and Chrysler.

Midwest, south, plains, you see more domestics. Big cities and coastal you see imports and luxury. Honestly the domestic brands are making a comeback and the imports are starting to decline in quality. If the electric vehicle ever gets adopted by the masses I'm sure the domestics are taking over. I always forget Tesla is American.

How many Tundras on the road? They are made in Texas......
They sold 109,203 Tundra’s last year. GM sold 847,010 full-size trucks, Ford sold 787,422, and Ram sold 563,676. Tundras are about ~5% of that market.

I decided to do a little counting… in 5 miles I counted 14 domestics, 8 foreign.

They sold 109,203 Tundra’s last year. GM sold 847,010 full-size trucks, Ford sold 787,422, and Ram sold 563,676. Tundras are about ~5% of that market.

I decided to do a little counting… in 5 miles I counted 14 domestics, 8 foreign.
Yes-the numbers have always been minuscule compared to GM, Ford and RAM. And with the pics we have seen on the 2022 Tundra-they are not going to gain many conquest sales with that ugly front end.

Yes-the numbers have always been minuscule compared to GM, Ford and RAM. And with the pics we have seen on the 2022 Tundra-they are not going to gain many conquest sales with that ugly front end.
Pickups seem to sell more the uglier they get.

The latest ones, all except for Ford and maybe Dodge In my opinion, seem like they were designed by Homer Simpson.

I kind of like the look of the new Tundra… the twin turbo engine also sounds like a winner, might be my next truck.

Back