DEA Agent Shot in Foot

Status
Not open for further replies.
...While giving a demonstration on weapons in a school classroom.
shocked.gif

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0411061foot1.html?link=rssfeed

Something tells me his pride hurts worse than the wound in his foot!

I've seen that video.
lol.gif

Based on TSG's description, it sounds like this guy's pretty full of himself, calling himself the best agent in the DEA. I wonder what his coworkers have to say about that. If I was king, I'd tell him "OF COURSE a video like that is going to leak out, you idiot. You shot yourself in the foot, dummy. Keep your finger off the trigger next time. Gheesh! Now go find another line of work and quit whining!"

Real sympathetic, aren't I?

Darwin awards are only given to those who select themselves out of the gene pool. A shot in the foot hardly qualifies.

The real question is why was he carrying a loaded gun in a classroom? Gun, yes for the demo, loaded seems to be excedingly dangerous to the 'inocent' students.

Also points to an extreme lack of paying attention. If you handle guns long enough, you will have an accidental discharge. Question is, do you have it pointed where it will do no harm?

I think he just demonstrated that he is NOT the best agent in the dea too.

Legend in his own mind.

1st rule: if you have to tell me you are best at anything, you ain't.

Dan

Quote from the article:

He also notes that he is no longer "permitted or able to give educational motivational speeches and presentations."

Doh! Any guesses as to why? Would you want your kids in the same room while he's giving a presentation?

Just think if he was demonstrating condoms, every girl in the class would be pregnant.....

quote:

Originally posted by Dan4510:
Also points to an extreme lack of paying attention. If you handle guns long enough, you will have an accidental discharge. Question is, do you have it pointed where it will do no harm?

Dan,
good point, and one that we see once a year in our rifle club. Every A.D. has headed down rnge, and into the butts, as it should.

However, after the Police have been at the range, there are circular blobs of lead littering the firing line...every time. (intentional or not, it's insane)

Shannow,

Agreed, I used to shoot at a range that the local sherriff's deputies practiced and qualified at. One day I was there before they did their thing and decided to stay and watch. It was not pretty. One guy could blow the center out of anything on command from any distance. Most shot ok meaning they hit the target. One kept attempting to put the magazine in the 9mm pistol backwards. Twice he hung it in the butt before he figured out what he was doing wrong. Then loudly blamed the piece of *it* baretta.

Many cops rarely draw their guns in a career and therefore its just another piece of junk they have to haul around. If you dont practice until the moves become second nature, when you need it most, you cant do what you need to. And I will state as a fact, if you have never shot under pressure as in hunting or competition you dont know how good of a shot you are. Punching holes in paper is only the most basic level of skill one should have if in law enforcement. Unfortunately to train to any level of skill, takes time, money and commitment that few departments have the budget or patience for.

And it also takes a person willing to make that commmitment to be able to acquire these skills. Our buffonish DEA agent in this thread is a poor excuse for a law enforcment agent of any type.

Dan

On the NY news tonight it showed the video of this happening. This occured in 2004. The guy is suing the DEA for releasing the video because he has become the laughing stock of the internet. (Their words)

smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back