[Cut] Quaker State QS3600 5,000 miles/5 months

Status
Not open for further replies.
Removed from our '98 Windstar 3.8L. Oil used was Formula Shell. Nothing really wrong but the seam took a little beating.

Whole view:

qs43.jpg

Media:

qs44.jpg

qs45.jpg

qs46.jpg

Seam:

qs47.jpg

qs48.jpg

Dome-end bypass:

qs49.jpg

Media layed out:

qs50.jpg

Good enough for the ol' van.

Still the best deal ($1.99 on sale at Menard's) for a 5-6K or less OCI, unless you need a silicone ADBV. Thanks for posting, I have one of these on my bro's old '87 Tercel (slight oversize QS3600), and he's infamous for waiting too long to change his oil, I'll post his next time I change it.

Originally Posted By: Falken
Awesome.

If Wix wasn't so darn affordable with a silicone ADBV and Wix quality, this is the filter I'd put on.

Is this for sure a Puro?

From what i'm seeing yes.

Good info, thanks for posting. We've got about 5 QS30 filters here at work (white can, green lettering) that I can get for cheap. I'll be using them on the Camaro.

Originally Posted By: Falken

Is this for sure a Puro?

Puro built, but MAY not be quite the same as a Purolator classic. For example, the Quaker State 8A is now the same size as the older PH3600-sized filter. The new PH3600 is even smaller yet. I haven't seen them on sale for $2 lately, but if you can get them for $2, they are the best bang-for-the-buck, especially on an engine that isn't too demanding on oil and where the maintenance intervals won't be extended too far.

Looks fine, seam pleat area wavy-er, but looks like it did it's job. Plenty good for a 5k oci. Wish I could still get the Puro made for AAP TG's, similar efficiency but with texture can, were great on bogo.

Looks like you might have wicked the media with a shop towel for a while, fairly dry looking.

Thanks for the pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back