ST_MP2h.jpeg

ST_MP2i.jpeg

ST_MP2j.jpeg

ST_MP2k.jpeg

ST_MP2l.jpeg

ST_MP2m.jpeg

ST_MP2n.jpeg

ooo a blue ADBV :D

Wait, is that a combo valve? And it's still an Ecore? And that weird baseplate? :unsure: :alien:

Yes. No combo valve, yes E-Core, yes weird (Delco type) guard on tapping plate.

Definitely a Champ Labs filter.

Would say so.

Hope so, and not a 6607 sized "compatible" one. I like the no combo valve on this vs the ST2.

The more I think about it though, I really would have a hard time picking this up @ $5.48 over a regular Fram orange can @ 3.88.

There were only 3 spots for them, this is the only one they had in stock. Didn't catch the exact part numbers for the other spaces, but I'm sure it was not 7317 or 6607.

I'd take a PH over this thing any day.

Silicone adbv?

Seems so

THANK YOU for sacrificing that new filter. 👍

You're welcome

Beyond blue adbv, what I see is pretty much what I expected. Hybrid type ecore, metal end caps and poppet bypass now used ST9688, and several others. As noted follows the ACDelco for GM filter design, all of them made by Champ Labs. No combo valve used on some STs (eg., popular 3614 last posted) though I saw mention of one on 10575 but wondered if that notation correct.

I too would speculate adbv, silicone. 'If' pattern follows ST line, there will be no 7317 application or 4386. Didn't see a price listed. Other thread mentioned,~$5.50. Wondering if MP will replace ST line. Perhaps that means WM will have them better organized and more applications in stock. Locally, bottom shelf STs currently poor on both counts.

Assuming all use poppet bypass, I'll call the MP line an improvement over ST line. Worth ~$5.50? Worth it if ST~$3, unlikely I'd think. As I can obtain Napa Gold for ~$4 twice a year, no effect for me, especially if no 7317 application.

Thanks for c&p, answered some questions.

I mentioned some of this in the other thread, I surmise that the media is like Mobil 1 and now it looks like the construction is like AC Delco only this one has what appears to be a silicone ADBV.

Someone was wondering about the lower micron efficiency rating, like if 99% @ 30 microns would potentially equal 95% @ 20-25 microns? Any way you slice it this seems like a decent product at a great price.

Yep, 7317 posted in the last half hour (not shown in OP) other thread. Before switching to Wix made from Champ ST had a 7317, posted a dissection of one in 2011 HERE. When Wix became ST supplier, 9688 was in reality a 7317 application size.

Apparently the powers that be think for extra ~$2.50 for MP series, 7317 deserves it's own app. Good move. Didn't see SAE thread equivalent 4386 in new pic though.

Last edited:
...Didn't see a price listed. Other thread mentioned,~$5.50. Wondering if MP will replace ST line. Perhaps that means WM will have them better organized and more applications in stock. Locally, bottom shelf STs currently poor on both counts.

It was $5.48 as referenced in other thread.

You're welcome of course.

They did, go back to the other guy's thread. There is a pic of a 7317

Interesting.

My previously well stocked and organized TLE/Auto Center has been in some disarray since last year, not sure if the manager has moved on or supply chain disruptions or what, but it many filters are out of stock of all brands.

There isn't enough space there to stock 2 ST versions for all models without something going though, or adding space.

Apparently the powers that be think for extra ~$2.50 for MP series, 7317 deserves it's own app. Good move. Didn't see SAE thread equivalent 4386 in new pic though.

I agree inclusion of an actual 7317 size is good move.

I would actually prefer the prior e-core with the cloth (like) end caps for seal of the bypass to end cap, this particular filter had poor fit (sloppy) between the metal end cap and leaf spring/bypass.

OP, do you have a caliper to test the wall thickness compared to the non MP versions?

Beyond blue adbv, what I see is pretty much what I expected. Hybrid type ecore, metal end caps and poppet bypass now used ST9688, and several others. As noted follows the ACDelco for GM filter design, all of them made by Champ Labs. No combo valve used on some STs (eg., popular 3614 last posted) though I saw mention of one on 10575 but wondered if that notation correct.

I too would speculate adbv, silicone. 'If' pattern follows ST line, there will be no 7317 application or 4386. Didn't see a price listed. Other thread mentioned,~$5.50. Wondering if MP will replace ST line. Perhaps that means WM will have them better organized and more applications in stock. Locally, bottom shelf STs currently poor on both counts.

Assuming all use poppet bypass, I'll call the MP line an improvement over ST line. Worth ~$5.50? Worth it if ST~$3, unlikely I'd think. As I can obtain Napa Gold for ~$4 twice a year, no effect for me, especially if no 7317 application.

The other thread on the new ST filters has a picture of a 7317 so they probably got bugged enough to finally make one.

^^^Yes. Saw your previous 7317 post here and posted recognition after yours. ST prefix imo more of a jobber/(value) filter, and consolidation to smallest application very common. Whatever the reasoning, having the common 7317 a plus to the MP line.

7317 is too tall for my Mazda and the 9688 works nicely on the Van. I didn't mind the absence of the 7317 but I know Subaru user will welcome it for that tight exhaust wrapped fit.

Back