Cut open Motorcraft oil filter

Well, here it is. Here's the car it came from. And the new that I used Here's that little orange seal-nice and well, orange And the Motorcraft FL_820's Here's the three other parts of it And let me tell you, this filter was a real ***** to get off and to get cut open Well, what do you think??????

Dude, I'm sorry to be so picky, but every one of your filter pictures is too out of focus to really tell anything... Also, how many miles are on the filter?

talker

Originally Posted By: RF Overlord
Dude, I'm sorry to be so picky, but every one of your filter pictures is too out of focus to really tell anything... Also, how many miles are on the filter?
milage gauge dont work Over a year and half it has been their

Last edited:
The oil that`s leftover and the filter media looks very clean! I bet your engine`s spotless inside. What kind`ve oil has been the mainstay in that car?

talker

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
The oil that`s leftover and the filter media looks very clean! I bet your engine`s spotless inside. What kind`ve oil has been the mainstay in that car?
Castrol 10w-40 this time we are trying pennsoil 10w-30

talker

I would guess It has 150,000 miles on it...but not sure. It is a good car, and never a big problem. It has been cross country, and to work and back (25 mi) since 1992.

talker

Originally Posted By: Fordiesel69
The is one nice rust free lincoln. The new ones are not nearly as nice.
If you want to see more pics of it and under the hood, I can start a thread tomorrow.

talker

Originally Posted By: StevieC
Yes please do!
I will have a new thread by 8:00 am CST on automotive general topics! If I don't PM me and remind me!

I think this is the first time I have seen someone cut the top off of the filter. MC filters are top notch.