[Cut Open] Motorcraft FL910S (7,351 Miles)

6FL910S1.jpeg

6FL910S2.jpeg

6FL910S3.jpeg

6FL910S4.jpeg

UOA:

I know some say you can't judge an oil color with what condition it's in & I agree with that. However, When I see these posts with a nice light golden color, I see here, it's obvious the oil was generally in great condition still. Not much to say about the filter since most MC's are usually in good quality condition. Do you plan to dry this one out too or just the other one you posted?

I know some say you can't judge an oil color with what condition it's in & I agree with that. However, When I see these posts with a nice light golden color, I see here, it's obvious the oil was generally in great condition still. Not much to say about the filter since most MC's are usually in good quality condition. Do you plan to dry this one out too or just the other one you posted?
We have no way of knowing the oils “general condition”. That’s total speculation. Some engines are easier on oil than others. Only way you would know condition is with VOA and a UPA.

We have no way of knowing the oils “general condition”. That’s total speculation. Some engines are easier on oil than others. Only way you would know condition is with VOA and a UPA.
Yes, It is my, no cost, speculated opinion. This oil still looks good to me & the UOA Here confirms it's true.

Black oil usually means high oxidation, dirt/carbon content (cleaning or air filter), or fuel dilution. Golden oil just looks pretty! Hard to tell without UOA (which does look good here).
I would not say the same thing I posted earlier if it was black oil. I'm more referring to the naked eye approach on light golden color oil like seen on this filter. Fuel dilution could ruin any colored oil but I'd gamble that a newish looking oil is still on the good side. UOA is the right answer if you have the actual data.

Last edited:
Do you plan to dry this one out too or just the other one you posted?

Yes all of the recent cut filters are wrapped in paper towels and i will change the paper towels in a day or so, I will do my best to remember to post them. I also have 2 others that are dried.

Doesn't look like anything to complain about with this 910S at 7.3k miles. (y)

Thanks for c&p.

Agree, it did well.

You're welcome of course.

Last edited:
I would not say the same thing I posted earlier if it was black oil. I'm more referring to the naked eye approach on light golden color oil like seen on this filter. Fuel dilution could ruin any colored oil but I'd gamble that a newish looking oil is still on the good side. UOA is the right answer if you have the actual data.
I wonder what you would say if I posted a UOA off dads 89’ Ram 2500 with 5.9 Cummins as diesel engine oil turns real nasty black in minutes 🤔🤔. I’ve saw black, nasty oil at work and done UOA’s on it and it still showed it worked fine. I’m not a believer in oil color means good or bad. Yeah, I’m nuts I know.

I wonder what you would say if I posted a UOA off dads 89’ Ram 2500 with 5.9 Cummins as diesel engine oil turns real nasty black in minutes 🤔🤔. I’ve saw black, nasty oil at work and done UOA’s on it and it still showed it worked fine. I’m not a believer in oil color means good or bad. Yeah, I’m nuts I know.
Diesel's are a whole different animal with oil. You're right it can turn oil black just by pouring it into the engine. 😂

Back