[Cut Open] Motorcraft FL-400S & 2-Napa ProSelect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bud_One

Site Donor 2022
Motorcraft FL-400S - OCI - 5k miles - aprox 5 months - Off my Pontiac Vibe 1.8 - 1ZZFE Auto
50/50 mixed driving with Amsoil OE 5W30 Syn -
No rips or tears - looked great .

Napa ProSelect - 21348 - Off my parents 2005 Ford Focus 2.0 - Auto
OCI - 7500ish miles - over 7 months time - Midas bulk oil - unknown brand or weight
60 hwy / 40 city driving
Looks pretty good considering it's low buck price tag. Only issue was that bypass valve was very easy to push in, required very little effort to open.

Napa ProSelect - 21060 - Off my parents 1989 Chevy Suburban - 5.7 - 350 V8
OCI - unknown - time period - maybe 16 months - owners unsure of last oil change.
Midas bulk oil - unknown brand or weight - Held up well... considering its age and being on vehicle over a year- only issue is that anti drain back valve was stiff and did not hold oil in it when tipped over - but didn't make a difference due to it being mounted thread side up. It's driven mostly Hwy 80%/20% city. Always run for at least 15 miles and never for short trips. Note: damage to pleats are from me trying to cut/pry it open.

Last Pic is the FL-400S filter compared to the Fram PH4967(unused) thats on my Vibe now.

Motorcraft FL-400S -

Napa ProSelect 21348

Napa ProSelect 21060

Motorcraft FL-400S vs Fram PH4967

Originally Posted By: sir1900
They all look impressive. Thanks for the C&P.

X2
thumbsup2.gif

The Pro Selects look to be very well built for budget filters and their usage. As mentioned before, its funny how they don't have the combo ADBV/ Bypass. Seems to be a good alternative if you don't trust the setup.

I have a 400s ready for my next OCI. The bypass looks identical to the Mopar filter and they seem to hold up better even though they are both Purolator made. Plus they are cheaper. We shall see if my Jeep likes them.

Those all look great. The FL-400s remains one of my pet favorites for the Jeep, awesome filter.

The 21348 has me a little perplexed, it should have a bypass not seeing anything but the spacer? Or is that actually the thread end bypass assembly? I have a Gold 1348 on hand now it clearly has a thread end bypass.

I have used a bunch of these budget Wix filters the last year or so great results with all of them.

Thanks for cutting and posting!

MOTORCRAFT, ALL the way the best out of the bunch.

Silcone ADBV, BYPASS at the top... good amount of filter media and priced perfect.

Cant go wrong with Motorcraft oil filters.

Originally Posted By: KCJeep
Those all look great. The FL-400s remains one of my pet favorites for the Jeep, awesome filter.

The 21348 has me a little perplexed, it should have a bypass not seeing anything but the spacer? Or is that actually the thread end bypass assembly? I have a Gold 1348 on hand now it clearly has a thread end bypass.

I have used a bunch of these budget Wix filters the last year or so great results with all of them.

Thanks for cutting and posting!

the pro select 21348 does have a bypass and its at the top, look at the inside holes near the top...

Also I agree hands down the MOTORCRAFT is the better filter.. SILCONE ADBV and solid end caps / heavy duty and bypass at the very top and very good filter media.

The only thing Motocraft could do better is use a coil spring at the bottom and the leaf spring, however they know what they are doing and Im sure the leafspring does the job.

not to mention the price and ease of finding them.. You can find Motorcraft at most autopart stores and even Wallymart and the price is very fair... Actually they are cheap. I have seen filters that cost much more that are not half the filter.

I tell people who have Chevys to get Motorcraft oil filters for there small black V8s and they look at me funny and they say nahh I get A/C Delco or Purolator or Fram Extra Gaurd and then I show them this site and the pictures and they go to Motocraft....

I mean for the price no way can you beat it IMO...

think about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back