Cut open fram with pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cut open neighbors fram. He thought I was nuts asking for his old filter. Probably am. Got him to use A supertech though. What do you guys think about it cheap or not?
 -
 -
 -
 -

Well, I'll give you the cheap looking part. Did it have any ruptures in the media? Was the ADBV rigid??

quote:

Did it have any ruptures in the media? Was the ADBV rigid??

I'm still a amateur at this. The rest looked ok but I'll double check it real good and get more pics if needed. What worried me was the cardboard on the end It came apart real easy with the slightest touch and appeared to be warped.

Probably 3k. He's one of those. I'm working on that next and getting him off valvoline.

No there's nothing wrong with valvoline, I just don't care much for the prices.

Just thinking, my wife would kill me if she saw that oily rag on her washer.

zombie, go get ya some of the 99 cent Purolators (after rebate) from Pep Boys and spin them. Then cut open the Frams with a hacksaw. Save em, and then cut the Purolators when they come off and compare. Normal price, I believe the Purolator Premium Plus is about the same price as Fram.

quote:

zombie, go get ya some of the 99 cent Purolators (after rebate) from Pep Boys and spin them. Then cut open the Frams with a hacksaw. Save em, and then cut the Purolators when they come off and compare. Normal price, I believe the Purolator Premium Plus is about the same price as Fram.

The Purolator's are what I'm looking to get for my next oil change. I don't go to Pep Boys, I seem to have broken everything I ever bought there, u-joints, floor jack etc plus they treated my wife like crap when she went in there once.

OK...so since you guys are all dissappointed with the results here...why don't you send these pictures into FRAM and see what they have to say? If you don't want to...I'll more than willingly contact FRAM myself as I'm curious as to their comments on this filter.

More info please....(length of time in use, etc)

BTW, even if the filter looks warped, etc...it may have still been filtering just fine...the filter didn't disintegrate completely. A PC would've helped here in detecting whether or not the filter was still working properly.

I don't think FRAM would have much to say about it. From what I see in those pictures, there is nothing "wrong" with that filter. It's not pretty, but I don't see anything that counts as a failure. It did what it was supposed to do.

If I were FRAM, I would say that it "meets or exceeds requirements... la la la" and that "we make higher-grade filters for those who demand the utmost performance".

As a user, I can easily find a $2 filter that looks twice as good as this sad thing. So, if FRAM cost only a dollar, maybe I would buy one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back