cut ADBV in Mobil1 oil filter

A Mobil filter with issues.
[/quote]

thumbsup2.gif
Yep seriously everyone makes
a few Lators![/quote]
Mann & Hummel makes the original, and best WORST! It's no accident they're making this new batch of M1 filters with issues.[/quote]

Yes, they are making filters that have issues (slices in the ADBV) or torn media. It is disappointing, and hopefully they get these issues resolved and future batches of filters will be good. But, it is not fair to blame them for all the Mobil 1 filter issue. The filter Micahmcmeen cut up and posted pictures was a Champ made filter, before Mann & Hummel started making them for Mobil.

It's an $11 oil filter. Throw it away or ask for a refund/exchange at your local Walmart. $11 isn't worth the hassle of emailing a corporate office that isn't going to respond during this shutdown.

Originally Posted by Mike L. V.
It's an $11 oil filter. Throw it away or ask for a refund/exchange at your local Walmart. $11 isn't worth the hassle of emailing a corporate office that isn't going to respond during this shutdown.

I emailed about mine and got a response. I never filled out the form though. Too much work.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by PimTac
There have been recent threads discussing Mann Hummel making the M1 filters now.

They do. That's who was the title of my warranty claim

Screenshot_20200409-213014_Hancom Office Editor.jpg

A few years ago, I noticed something similar on an M1 209 filter. I would not use it, so I opened it up and what I thought was a cut was the inner lip seal of the ADBV. The valve was so off center that the inner lip was protruding through one of the holes. That was my first and last M1 or similar filter, but I still use the oil. I wrote them and think I got a credit and some corporate chotskies or something...they do stand behind their products. Odd that the European produced Mann filters still seem to be top quality.

Back