Current Xw20's

Looking at the different Xw20's, it's been a while since having to pick something other than PYB5w20.

But, since Pennzoil can't be bothered with conventional anymore, I'm looking at other 5w20's and 0w20's as well.

Is TGMO, MGMO still cream of the crop on the 0w20's?

Whats the current thoughts on 5w20's, conventional and synthetics?

Looking at the different Xw20's, it's been a while since having to pick something other than PYB5w20.

But, since Pennzoil can't be bothered with conventional anymore, I'm looking at other 5w20's and 0w20's as well.

Is TGMO, MGMO still cream of the crop on the 0w20's?

Whats the current thoughts on 5w20's, conventional and synthetics?
TGMO has never been the cream of the crop. It’s so loaded with VIIs with very thin base oils and low HTHS to achieve a very high viscosity index, that volatility suffers, along with the risk of mechanical shear. There’s numerous better 0w20 oils than TGMO, including several on the shelf at WM for half the price of TGMO…

Mazda 3, 2.0

Thanks guys.
Any API SP full synthetic in 0w20 through 5w30 will work fine. I exclusively use boutique oils now, but there’s nothing really wrong with any off-the-shelf flavors these days.

Pennzoil Ultra Platinum, Valvoline Restore and Protect, Mobil 1 EP or Truck & SUV, Castrol Edge EP…

Back