Current list of Dexos 1 Gen 3 Oils

We are more than six months past the first license date of Dexos 1 Gen 3 (9/1/21) and the list of approved oils remains relatively short. Most notably, all flavors of Mobil 1 are missing from the list and PP only has 0W-20 on there.

Originally, it sounded like there was a lot of crossover between API SP and Dexos 1 Gen 3, but the slow rollout makes me wonder if formulation changes were required to meet the new performance objectives.

Just called XOM. Labels are being made for it once current inventory is gone. Some have already shipped. Looking at the list, a lot of those oils don't look to be that impressive, so I figure there must be another reason for it. 🤷‍♂️

Just called XOM. Labels are being made for it once current inventory is gone. Some have already shipped. Looking at the list, a lot of those oils don't look to be that impressive, so I figure there must be another reason for it. 🤷‍♂️

Some XOM (best I recall) product had already been delivered with new stickers. Someone posted a photo from their Walmart on the previous thread about the same topic.

Some XOM (best I recall) product had already been delivered with new stickers. Someone posted a photo from their Walmart on the previous thread about the same topic.
That was me. I’ve seen M1 as well as PP with the new labels.

Mobil Full Synthetic has met or exceeded Dexos 1 Gen3 in 5W-30 since the beginning...it appears that Mobil Super Synthetic as well in both 5W-30 and 0W-20...has GM recommended or required Gen3 Dexos one Gen2 in anything yet???

Bill

1647791554704.png

1647791866599.jpeg

I’m curious about this new triple action formula…the formula seems close to the same from sn+…what has changed?

Back