Cupra Formentor rental

Just back from a couple weeks and Budapest and Prague. Wouldn’t be me if I didn’t rent a car somewhere along the way. Grabbed a Formentor out of Prague to make a run up to Dolni Marava, a ski resort home to the world’s longest footbridge (guaranteed to cure or cause vertigo) and an awesome go kart track to the bottom.

so we rented a car from sixt with no idea what it would be. Ended up being a brand I’ve never heard of. A sporty division of Seat, and a division of a division of vw.

First, I have to say first: I LOVE driving in Europe! I’ve been lucky enough to do it a few times and it’s just amazing. Only ONCE in 400 km of driving was there a truck in the left lane. I was had Few issues averaging 80 mph and got up to 115 and somehow the world still spins. once on the regional roads, drivers actually have to be skilled. They’re too narrow and fast to survive if you’re not. driving is not an entitlement; it’s a reward.

The car a great fit. Great ergonomics and an intuitive and very useful technology package. (Although lane assist is really annoying when the car is wider than the lane). Dsg transmission that I didn’t initially want but turned out to be perfect. Not sure which engine but got 40 mpg and had no trouble maintaining triple digits.

just for giggles we ran up to Poland just to say we’d been there. Hope to go back!

Ive said this before, but we are truly disadvantaged in the us by ny having access to cars like this.

Back