Cry Macho- Clint Eastwood movie

GON

$100 Site Donor 2024
Unexpectedly caught new Clint Eastwood movie Cry Macho on a flight yesterday. I don't watch new" movies in general. Planned on working on the 10 hour flight but seat was so tight I could not even fit my computer and type.

Enjoyed the movie. Some of the story was not believable like how easy the boy was found. But it was a great storyline, had some really good themes.

If one is looking for the perfect special effects high budget movie, this is not that movie. Of one can overlook some flaws, this low budget movie starring a Hollywood icon is worth the time. And kudos to Clint for making the movie. He doesn't need the work or the money. He is just giving back.

Last edited:
For some reason i think this movie was something he was working on 15 to 20 years ago but got shelved ?

Unexpectedly caught new Clint Eastwood movie Cry Macho on a flight yesterday. I don't watch new" movies in general. Planned on working on the 10 hour flight but seat was so tight I could even fit my computer and type.

Enjoyed the movie. Some of the store was not believable like how easy the boy was found. But it was a great storyline, had some really good themes.

If one is looking for the perfect special effects high budget movie, this is not that movie. Of one can overlook some flaws, this low budget movie starring a Hollywood icon is worth the time. And kudos to Clint for making the movie. He doesn't need the work or the money. He is just giving back.
Have not seen that. After watching Clint since Rawhide Tv series thru Good the Bad & Ugly to Kelly's Heros and all his great westerns along with the Orangutang comedies (funny ones to me!) and then finally Gran Torino to The Mule, its getting hard to watch him as a really old man. Kudos to him for lasting so long. Going to check it out on your review. I too have found myself not interested in near anything new out of Hollyweird these days.
P.S. A great Clint non-western is The Eiger Sanction film from the 70s.

For some reason i think this movie was something he was working on 15 to 20 years ago but got shelved ?
Good question- I don't know the background on the film. The movie appeared to be filmed in some not so luxurious places/ environment. Not so easy for an "older" man to be doing films in that terrain.

Back