cruzer mini 4.0GB freezing issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

JHZR2

Staff member
Hi,

I have a 4.0GB cruzer mini memory stick.

I just put three bitmap files on it of chromatograms that I saved in paint. everything was saved onto the stick, it was all there, all was well.

When I stopped the stick, it refused to stop, windows told me that it couldnt be stopped.

Eventually it was stopped and removed.

Now I put it into my laptop, and it doesnt work right. Everything I do with any file on the stick freezes and stops repsonding.

My system has no viruses, no problems at all, yet I get this happening now. It is only files on the memory stick... and not just the bitmaps I have on there.

What gives??? any ideas??? Ive tried checking for errors and defragging.

Thanks,

JMH

well, turned out that one file that I hadnt even opened and had never been working on somehow got corrupted. I had it in bmp and gif file versions, and it was only 10% of the top that was corrupted anyway...

I managed to run the disc checker again and whatever it did this time fixed it, except for a black line over 10% of the file I thought might be the troublemker... I cut that section of the pictre from the gif version, pasted it into the bmp, resaved, and all is well.

phew!

I have the 2.0GB version.... great little tool. I love the U3 System. Wait..... i have the Cruzer Micro. eh still a cool tool.

I love my crizer minis.. I have the 1.0 and 4.0... Never loked at the micro - how much smaller is it? Is the case plastic or metal?

is it as thin as the mini, as that is key to me, so I maintain full access to my second USB port on my laptop

JMH

I dont get what you mean when you say you stopped the stick. I'd just reformat the stick and try copying the files over again.

The micro has a little switch thing that will retract the usb port so it won't break off and so you dont have to worry about covers. Geek Squad approved =)...

I almost got a Sandisk, but decided on this one, and love it:
dual channel technology (VERY fast, and this is the fastest on the market now)
very slim, full aluminum case; rock solid construction
looks great; lifetime warranty.
cheaper than Sandisk, and better for me:
 -

where did you get the stick? Apparantly smaller size sticks are getting rebadged and sold as counterfeit larger versions on ebay etc. They come with doctored drivers to report 4 GB available.

quote:

Originally posted by JHZR2:
I love my crizer minis.. I have the 1.0 and 4.0... Never loked at the micro - how much smaller is it? Is the case plastic or metal?

is it as thin as the mini, as that is key to me, so I maintain full access to my second USB port on my laptop

JMH

The case is plastic as compared to my 256mb Micro.
Mini1
Mini2

I like it about the same, it is about the same width as the micro. It just isnt long enough to reach a recessed USB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back