Cross reference for a larger FL820s

mhg

I recently bought a 2006 Ford Expedition with 5.4L 3 valve.
With this truck I have a full 1 inch clearance around the FL820S.
Also have 2 inches clearance in the length.
I know about the problems with the Motorcraft filters.
Would really like to find a replacement filter that has more volume.
If any one has the info or a site that has this type of cross reference
I would love to hear from you.
Did the search hear and on other sites but could not find this info.
Thanks, Mike

Pretty much for that thread size the Fl820S is about the biggest you're gonna get unless you cross reference some larger application specific filter that happens to fit but is probably expensive and hard to come by.

Thanks for the info. With all the info available on the WWW one would think it would be easy to
find a cross reference of this type. Alas, not available.
Thanks, Mike

Thanks for the info. With all the info available on the WWW one would think it would be easy to
find a cross reference of this type. Alas, not available.
Thanks, Mike
You can go to the Wix website and look for filters with the M22x1.5 thread and a ~2.4in ID gasket and 2.8in OD gasket, but what you'll find is a bunch of application specific filters that cost $15-30/pc that you have to special order.

A filter the size of the FL820S is plenty big enough for a 2006 Ford Expedition with 5.4L 3 valve. If you don't want to use the FL820S because of the problems, then find another brand filter that crosses over to the FL820S that's the same basic size.

I'd worry that a larger filter presents larger target for a rock or stick to puncture it. So it could actually be more risky than just using OEM.

ZeeOSIX, I know, just figure if I can get the same filter media in a larger container. Hey, I'm old shcool.
CharlesInCharge, always a consideration. Where this one is located, extremely safe area behind a cross member.
Thanks Mike

Back