CRC Moly Graph EP question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I picked up an outer tie rod end for my Santa Fe, and I'm wanting to know if the grease my grease gun is loaded with is ok, or if I need something else.

The Napa part is from their premium line, made in Korea (which I assume is ok since it's a Korean car) and the grease in it appears to be kind of a straw/yellowish color. Talking to Napa didn't get me very far, the guy at the counter just said there wouldn't be anything fancy in it, so pretty much any grease would be fine.
My grease gun is loaded with CRC SL3330 (I got it that way, new to me grease gun).
I looked on their web site, and can't find any reference to how it is rated, just that it is "the best choice" for a wide variety of things.
A) Is it probably compatible with whatever mystery grease is in the tie rod already?
B) Is it any good, or should I toss what is left of the cartridge and get something else?

Side question: I did try to look at the data sheets (linked below) am I right that this "Moly Graph" contains no moly except in the name?
http://www.crcindustries.com/produc...pose-lithium-grease-14-wt-oz-SL3330.html

Well, I asked CRC about about the Sta Lube Moly-Graph, and got this response this morning:

Hello Mike,

Thank you for your interest in CRC products. SL3330 is not GC or LB rated and the molybdenum content is approximately 1% by weight. If you have further questions please let us know and have a good day.

Best regards,

As I understand the ratings, I want it to be GC-LB rated, and so should clean this out and find something else. Anybody want to tell me I'm missing something?

I would probably avoid their grease just based on principle. They have very poor grease marketing skills. Looking at their website product data sheets, even their lithium complex wheel bearing grease doesn't mention anything about GC-LB ratings. Your grease would probably work since it is a Lithium hydrystearate multi purpose type. But it's specs are nothing to right home about and it has minimal moly/graphite just to add some bling, I suppose. Just my opinion.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back