Super Tech Moly-Lithium Grease

I'm about to install a bunch of new front end parts, Moog brand, on my car, not a truck, that have zerk grease fittings. So I bought a tube of Super Tech Moly-Lithium grease. ( Extreme Pressure Grease ) Currently I have only Super Tech 'General Purpose' grease in my grease gun, which I relised was the wrong spec for automotive ball-joints, chassis points, bushings, etc... Product Specs: Base Type: Lithium 12 Hydroxy Stearate Color: dark grey N.I.G.I.: Grade 2 Water Resistance: Excellent Drop Point: 350 Deg. F Minimum Timken OK Load: 45 lbs. Any opinions on this product? thanks.

I've only used this grease on my tools for corrosion protection - it works for that so far, but then so would any. I think your fine for chassis application. It would be nice to see the service rating though for TEMP - I couldn't find it anywhere on the web for that model.

I am pretty sure it is Sta=lube & not Mystik...besides, wal-mart sells the name-brand Mystik grease but none w/ moly \:\(

I need to lube up my car door hinges, since they all started creaking a week or so ago... tried a PTFE spray grease which stopped the creaking for about 2 days only. I have a tube of the Super Tech moly grease, I assume it will do nicely. Any thoughts? (also, is there a way to temporarily thin this grease out? It's very thick and I'm not sure it can reach inside the hinge if not thinned a bit)

Last edited:
I use the SuperTech Moly-Lithium grease on everything... even though it doesn't taste so good on my toast in the morning. It'll perform well for what you're going to use it to do. I use it on the front end of my pickup... which is used to build houses and is driven across construction sites.

Originally Posted By: buck91
What's the deal with the lithium hydroxy thickener as opposed to lithium complex? Any compatibility issues?
Here is a grease compatibility chart: LINKY LINK You should still flush out any old grease before adding a different type - even compatible ones.