Crashed brand new Ferarri LaFerrari within minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Just minutes after leaving the dealership, a man in Budapest crashed his brand new, $1.9 million Ferrari, also known as one of the most expensive cars in the world.
And to add insult to injury, the whole thing was captured on video, “Fox and Friends” reported Thursday morning.

Slappy Squirrel sayz: "Now that's off-the-lot depreciation."

OpeningTitleslappysquirrel.jpg

The buyer is undoubtedly a reasonably bright guy.
He could not have otherwise afforded the car.
What he probably lacked was any experience with anything RWD with any sort of power, even a torqueless S2000.
Guess he learned the hard way that you can't jump on this thing at low speeds on a crowded street like you can a liter VW or Fiat.
Supercars were never meant for stoplight drags.
No worries.
It'll go back to Maranello and for 250K or so, it'll be as good as new.

That is unfortunate.

I once pulled off a rain soaked highway onto a curving off ramp; I saw a semi truck parked on the side of the road with the driver poking around the cab.

Turns out truck was dumping diesel onto the road; this was obvious as the rear end squirreled about a foot when i drove thru it; countersteering, i recovered.

Not every pile up can be attributed to stupidity. The video is pretty [censored] however.

It still makes me cringe to see something that would have become a piece of automotive history over the years destroyed for no good reason other than some guy with more money than sense.

Quote:
The buyer is undoubtedly a reasonably bright guy. He could not have otherwise afforded the car.
Daddy's money spends too.

I'm surprised those cars don't have traction and stability control. Most are going to be driven by people that have no business behind the wheel of one.

Originally Posted By: fdcg27

Probably inherited his money and hasn't worked a day in his life.

Originally Posted By: GiveMeAVowel
It still makes me cringe to see something that would have become a piece of automotive history over the years destroyed for no good reason other than some guy with more money than sense.

Meh, it's just a car. Hopefully he learned his lesson.

I feel more sad about a few POS cars that a certain BITOG member has destroyed...

Man its tough to see stuff like this. That car could have bought tons of computers for a classroom. Its his money and his choice i suppose, LOL.

James Bond: " I guess he got alot of bang for his buck."

Originally Posted By: SumpChump
Man its tough to see stuff like this. That car could have bought tons of computers for a classroom. Its his money and his choice i suppose, LOL.

James Bond: " I guess he got alot of bang for his buck."
The car did buy tons of computers for a classroom.

Them red cars jus' can't seem to drive straight. Should've bought a different color.

Last edited:
Hellcat that just left dealership vs tree that should've been cut down by loggers

wrecked_hellcat_challenger_600.jpg

Makes you wonder how well that vehicle stability and traction control are working?

Originally Posted By: Greasymechtech
Makes you wonder how well that vehicle stability and traction control are working?

Some of them will let you get away with a bit of fun, when they're enabled. And it wouldn't surprise me to find out they were off in a lot of these situations. The people who buy some of these high powered cars and then try to have fun with them right off the bat often lack experience with RWD and power and don't know what they're getting themselves into.

Originally Posted By: rslifkin
Originally Posted By: Greasymechtech

Some of them will let you get away with a bit of fun, when they're enabled. And it wouldn't surprise me to find out they were off in a lot of these situations. The people who buy some of these high powered cars and then try to have fun with them right off the bat often lack experience with RWD and power and don't know what they're getting themselves into.

It seems rather obvious he had it disabled. Probably should have learned to drive it first...

+1

He should have felt his way into the car's envelope over some time and miles.
He instead relied upon an assumed level of idiot-proofing that no mechanical assembly can offer, even with the nannies turned on.
At least nobody ended up seriously injured or dead.
The car is sure to roll again, so no loss there.
You don't total a car of this value.
It gets fixed.

Undoubtedly. Y'know, because all rich people earn their money vs. inheriting it.

Originally Posted By: dishdude

Probably inherited his money and hasn't worked a day in his life.

Or, it could also be drug/criminal/white slavery money, i.e.; Russian/Hungarian Mafia.
But then some on here would call them "bright" as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back