Craftsman Mower - Grass Bag help

I just inherited a Craftsman B&S 6.25 OHV push mower (Model 247.377000) from a neighbor. It came with a grass bag, but I can't figure out how to install it. I am used to grass bags latching onto a metal bar, but this one does not seem to have one. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
Ryan

Attachments

• Mower 1.jpg
    Mower 1.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 55
  • Mower 2.jpg
    Mower 2.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 55
  • Mower 3.jpg
    Mower 3.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 55
Looks like the bag is supposed to have a metal frame at the mouth which has two tabs that fit in slots in the handle bracket extensions based on the online manual (google the model number ) page 9 and 10.

Crummy pictures but concept seem similar to Honda.

Yep, that's just like the old Honda design, and was most likely made by them. When you lift the rear lid, two "hooks" on the wire frame of the bag rest in the slots under the lid. Closing the lid on the bag holds the hooks down in the slots. There should be a hook or "finger" sticking out at each side of the bag, pointing toward each other. They go under the lid when you lift it up.

I agree with

DuckRyder that you are missing the bag frame. If that was in the bag, it would be obvious how it attaches.

You're missing the bag frame, it appears to be a standard MTD deck ~2009-present , so a frame from a Troy-bilt, Yard Machines, Bolens, newer Craftsman, some Murray mowers that were sold at walmart, etc.. should work.

You may be missing the frame for the bag.

Lift up that big flap on the back of the mower. Insert the 2 hooks on the frame at either end of the swivel for the flap. Let the flap go. Done.

Yep Sears will have updated parts info, then you can shop with the current part number.
I do it all the time. Sears site has good info on their stuff. Retired Sears tech BTW.

Back