Cowboy boot question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all, I recently started a collage class to become a diesel tech (no applause necessary) Anyway, I'm looking to get a pair of steel toed boots, since I know for a fact that I'll drop something along the way and would prefer to avoid hospital visits. The boots I'm looking at ( Justin Stampede Square Toe ) are a cowboy boot-style that I haven't worn extremely often. My question, to anyone who wears these, is how exactly are they supposed to fit? I've heard that they need to be broken in, so do I buy them a little snug and allow them to adjust? Also, I'm not used to the top of the boot rubbing far up on my leg, is that something you just get used to? Thanks!

The main thing is to make sure they don't slip in the heel when you take a step. If they slip in the heel, they'll always slip in the heel. If you want a pull-on style work boot, there's oodles and oodles of better choices than those Justins. Take a look at Thorogood and Red Wing.

I hate square toe boots. R-toes are so much better looking.

Thorogood USA
MENS-THOROGOOD-STEEL-TOE-BOOT-804-4822L.jpg

Wolverine, Dura Shock... unless you have your heart set on the cowboy style. The most comfortable boot I have ever worn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back