Counterfeit Oil Filters, ebay

How could so many parts be labeled "made in Gemany" - missing the r in Germany?

Other than the shock absorbers, I think all the parts are labeled like that.

I'm going to try and join the Chinese version of bobistheoilguy and ask their opinion.

If google translate is used, they call @OVERKILL "an old brother" of BITOG

In Chinese and a lot of other languages/cultures it is normal to address strangers as brother/sister/aunt/uncle.

I just bought a couple glock parts on ebay.. hope they are real...
RockyourGlock is a good place for glock parts. Or at least they were 3 years ago when I ordered from them.
Hate the name though.

Glockparts.com was another one I believe.

Ebay is fine for buying car parts, but you must know or investigate the seller. "Partscontainer" is one legit autoparts distributor on Ebay that I have bought many Bosch, NGK and other oem/oes parts. Also, many factory car dealers run Ebay auctions or sales. I have bought BMW and Toyota factory parts from familiar dealers that sell on ebay at lower prices than their websites.

Quote:
“ .. I was surprised to find out that they have a whole department dedicated to detecting fakes... “

I’m not surprised as they and other manufacturers want to protect their reputation.

I got a bunch of the Champion filters from Rockauto when they were clearing them out. Not sure what the deal is with them but they have all been bad. Every one I have used blew oil out through the silicone base gasket, no matter how tight you make it. I'm guessing there is no flow. Often times, it is true that a good deal can be too good to be true.

Here’s where counterfeit oil filters are made.

They gotta be paying those guys pennies a day. At any first world labor rate, the automation is cheaper than paying actual people.

And then there is the disturbing way they are assembled. How many pleats of media you want? Depends on the guy with the scissors. And the glue...I hope he got enough on his fingers to hold it in place.

Back