Count off your GC Stash

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must admit, now that I've counted mine, I feel kind of silly stockpiling oil on the hope that it is better than current or near future offerings (also that there wont be anymore sales that bring a quality synth down to 4.49/qt or less). Anyway, here goes:

105.5 Quarts of GC (14 Green), enough for 4.5 years
crazy.gif

3.5 if I use it in the 2006 C6

I think I overdid it
frown.gif

Quote:

I must admit, now that I've counted mine, I feel kind of silly stockpiling oil on the hope that it is better than current or near future offerings (also that there wont be anymore sales that bring a quality synth down to 4.49/qt or less). Anyway, here goes:

105.5 Quarts of GC (14 Green), enough for 4.5 years
crazy.gif

3.5 if I use it in the 2006 C6

I think I overdid it
frown.gif

Of Course I can use some in my parents vehicles, which would cut it to under 2 years worth.

45 of the Green!

Also,

50 Pennzoil Platinum 5W-30
16 Pennzoil Platinum 5W-2
6 Pennzoil Platinum 10W-30

20 Vavoline Synpower 5W-40
12 Vavoline Synpower 5W-20

14 liters Elf Excellium 0W-30

Plus 5 qts each Maxliife 5W-30 and 10W-40, 4 gallons Delo 400, 3 gallons Delvac 1, 2 gallons FP-3000, 2 gallons LC-20, etc etc

I'm starting to feel like I've got a larger oil stash than the local Wal Mart!
laugh.gif

I only have 10 qts and I bought all I could find near me. So I went to Advance Auto Parts yesterday and bought 3 cases of PP (buy 1 get 1 free). I'll give the PP a try in at least 1 if not 2 of my cars. If that doesn't work out I'll have to find another source for GC if that works well. I just started using it recently and hoped it would work in all my engines (lawn tractor and generator included).

I had a stash of about 60 Green GC's. Down to 0. I really need to get some more
smile.gif

As for PP, I don't know why, but around here, the price isn't that far off what GC and Mobil1 sell for, I think since it has Synthetic in the name it gets sold at teh same price point as all the other bottles. If PP was alot cheaper, like most other posts I see, I would probably give it a try.

Quote:

Quote:

0 green, 0 gold
smile.gif

You poor deprived thing. . .

I'm still around 120 quarts, all green (haven't bothered to count for a while). Eventually it will be gone, eventually.
smirk.gif

GC is USD 30 pr. liter here... Maybe I could import some of your stash
smile.gif

196 Green, 37 Gold. Down visiting where I will be moving and cleared out the remaining GC
ooo.gif
. AZs down here are also showing "Sell Through" on the GC
frown.gif
. Just for giggles, I stashed 12 qts. of PP 5W-30 with AAPs BOGO sale. Just can't resist
grin.gif

!3 green 8 gold just started collecting last month, all my local AZ stores have the stuff so no more buys for me.

Quote:

I only have 10 qts and I bought all I could find near me. So I went to Advance Auto Parts yesterday and bought 3 cases of PP (buy 1 get 1 free). I'll give the PP a try in at least 1 if not 2 of my cars. If that doesn't work out I'll have to find another source for GC if that works well. I just started using it recently and hoped it would work in all my engines (lawn tractor and generator included).

I went back to an Autozone and they pulled up then inventory levels of all the Autozones in my area and I went and bought out the one with the most so I got 19 more qts. I'm up to 29 qts of gold GC now. All was bought at the sale price too. I'm done buying for quite some time I would guess. I've got a 2 year supply of oil at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back