Costco taking Visa == awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm on year 3 of my Costco membership. I never got much use from it, except for cheap tires and batteries. I almost canceled it twice.

THEN Costco told me "We take Visa". NOW I'm there every week! I buy gas for the ridiculously cheap price of $1.86, go inside to get some free food, and did I mention the free food?
wink.gif
Suddenly my membership that I had considered canceling is very, very worthwhile. ALL because they started taking my Visa at the gas station (instead of cash only).

I should mention my Visa is a AAA visa....
4% off gasoline purchases.
A very nice card to have.

P.S. Yeah I know this reads like an ad, but I'm not affiliated with the store. I work for an aircraft corporation (engineer). We sell electronics for different planes.

They have two on the north end of Columbus and are constructing a third, on the north side. No locations on the south, west or east side however.

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
They have two on the north end of Columbus and are constructing a third, on the north side. No locations on the south, west or east side however.

This is what gets me, three on the north end but nothing anywhere else.

John

Would love for Visa up here to be accepted at Costco.

Love my Executive Membership, really love shopping at Costco.

It is very close to where I live, makes life easy. They have a gas bar at that location as well, so I don't get gouged for fuel anymore.

I don't even bother looking at Gasbuddy anymore. It's great.

I hate shopping, but enjoy Costco.

Originally Posted By: Falken
Would love for Visa up here to be accepted at Costco.

Love my Executive Membership, really love shopping at Costco.

It is very close to where I live, makes life easy. They have a gas bar at that location as well, so I don't get gouged for fuel anymore.

I don't even bother looking at Gasbuddy anymore. It's great.

I hate shopping, but enjoy Costco.

In the US as of June 20, Visa is the only card honored at Costco. What do they take in Canada?

Costco Anywhere Visa Card
4% cash back on gas worldwide (not just at Costco) up to $7,000 in purchases each reward year – vs 3% before
3% at U.S. restaurants and on eligible travel (airfare, hotels, car rentals from major companies listed here, Costco Travel, cruise lines, and travel agents) – vs 2% before
2% on all Costco and Costco.com purchases – vs 1% before
1% on all other purchases

Never lived within 50 miles of a Costco. Shame, as I would like to check the store out one day. I've always lived within 2 miles of a Sam's or BJ's though.

What is the quality of Costco gas? A mentor of mine took Costco public in the 80's.

Originally Posted By: Gasbuggy
What is the quality of Costco gas? A mentor of mine took Costco public in the 80's.

I've found Costco gas to run very consistently good in our vehicles. Even though I have a Shell card, I find myself going to Costco most often for fuel. The local Costco is about 5 miles in towards town from us, so it's pretty convenient.

Canadian Costco takes Capital One Mastercard. 1% off everyday purchases and 2% off on gas. Costco gas is about 8% cheaper than the average gas station and then you get the additional 2%. I buy all my gas at Costco.

There is a notice posted on Costco gas pumps that state that Costco gas contains 5 times the minimum required amount of detergents. And, of course, there is never any issue about freshness of the gas since the volume each Costco gas station sells is enormous.

Originally Posted By: Lolvoguy
$1.86 per gallon eh,

that's almost how much we pay per liter!

lucky 'mericans!

You need to pay for that "free healthcare".

I'm not a fan of a business only taking one brand of credit card, somewhat annoying for me.

But I still shop costco, just pay cash or use debit.

Yep, I really like Costco gas. Pay for it using the co-branded card, which is 4% back. $2.30 for PUG and $2.10 for RUG beats the pants off any other station in the area.

Originally Posted By: CKN
Originally Posted By: Lolvoguy
$1.86 per gallon eh,

that's almost how much we pay per liter!

lucky 'mericans!

You need to pay for that "free healthcare".

EXACTLY!

such a ripoff it's not even funny
mad.gif

Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant
How much is gas in your area outside of Costco?
It's been dropping, but still $2 at other Minneapolis stations.

In expensive California ARCO has the absolute cheapest gasoline, about $2.25 (even beating Costco). Unfortunately ARCO does not accept credit cards, including my 4% off AAA card, so I never visit there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back