Cost per mile of an EV?

I’m still confused on how they rate the various states. Indiana for example is ranked as “barely accessible” but there are enough Level 2 stations spaced around you could drive anywhere in the state and not have to worry. I’m having trouble finding any more than 100 miles apart. If it’s due to registration costs, Indiana does charge more to register an EV, but so does Illinois.

It’s a black box they should have attached a spreadsheet of each states rating and weighting’s of the many metrics they feel are needed.
And Taxes aren’t the end all either.

L2 (from what I can tell) is rated very low on the totum pole like L1
Only a multiple standard L3 quick charge network across the state moves you up significantly
but my guess is Indiana is rated yellow instead of red due to having L2, I don’t think Indiana offsets the taxes with EV friendly policies so they aren’t going to gain any ground there either.

To get out of yellow everything has to pretty much be in place including laws that give you the right to pay for and install an EVSE inside an HOA ban situation which many states lack or in some cases have made more difficult.

Not saying I agree with their metrics or how they group everyone in 4 diverse groups
but the red states are 100% correct in that you will feel ashamed and taken advantage of owning in those places.

Maybe a member of ARS should bother them to show me the data?

I do know of the states that are yellow some are in there almost solely because of the local Tesla ban so certain things are considered much more important than others.

Back