Cost efficient black printer

Go for a laser printer, never clog, always work and VERY cost efficient.
We got rid of our ink jet printers after using different ones over the last few decades. Just plain stupid having a printer with liquid ink that dries up, clogs up and uses expensive ink cartridges for home office use.

We now have two laser printers, one color HP provided by wifes company, but the one I would suggest for your home is our personal printer, Cannon Image Class MF445dw. Just awesome midpriced machine, but if that is too much, go for anything Laser. We got it on sale at OfficeMax a year ago at an unbelievable price, dont know what they are now. (oops, just did a search Office Max selling it for $249) Just an amazing printer full of features that make doing anything simple. Plus you wont even have to think of replacing a toner (ink) for at least a year actually will last many years of home use and the "ink" toner never dries up because its not a liquid.

Last edited:
Wow. Always thought laser printers were way too expensive in the past. Will reconsider knowing this info.

Ended up with a PANTUM M6552NW, so far I am super impressed! The phone app is cool...I can take a picture with my phone and it will be printed and waiting for me before I can get to my office. So far, so good! Thank you for the advice!

I have a Brother printer that has worked well but is a little wonky when trying to print something via wifi connection.

I also have a HP color printer that is ridiculous. It is configured, by default, to not print in black and white in the event that a COLOR ink cartridge is empty. I installed a new black cartridge yesterday and it said that the color cartridges were fine. Today it says that the yellow cartridge is empty and now it will not work at all even for black and white printing. This will be my last HP printer.

Back