Correct 10th Gen Corolla rims and hubcaps

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got Winter tires for my 2010 Corolla and my local tire shop put them on Pacer 15" 83B-5618 rims, but my Toyota wheel covers don't fit. Amazon thinks these are not "correct" for my car but the Pacer 83B-5627 is correct. Both are 15", 41mm offset and 5.13" backspace.

I was wondering what the difference was, maybe 5627's would hold my wheelcovers? If not, just what is the difference, does anyone know?

I tried the Pacer website, but only got a cascade of errors.

Not sure I follow. Did you buy the wheels from the tire shop or from Amazon? Amazon's page clearly states that they will not work with factory hubcaps. The wheels (either model, or apparently ANY Pacer wheel) do not have the indent for hubcaps to grab on to.

Both wheels have dual bolt circle patterns. The 5618 has 5x100 (which your car uses) and 5x115. The 5627 has 5x100 (so it also fits your car) and 5x110. They seem identical otherwise.

Originally Posted By: Bottom_Feeder
Not sure I follow. Did you buy the wheels from the tire shop or from Amazon? Amazon's page clearly states that they will not work with factory hubcaps. The wheels (either model, or apparently ANY Pacer wheel) do not have the indent for hubcaps to grab on to.

Both wheels have dual bolt circle patterns. The 5618 has 5x100 (which your car uses) and 5x115. The 5627 has 5x100 (so it also fits your car) and 5x110. They seem identical otherwise.

Got them locally. I didn't catch the 110 vs 115 distinction, thanks for pointing that out.

I noticed the Amazon hub cap reference but I have wheel covers. I guess they meant wheel covers when they wrote hub caps. They are different, and yes, I am pedantic. I can live without either for a few months.

Originally Posted By: UG_Passat
many times, what happens is, aftermarket wheels don't work with factory wheel covers and vice versa.

+1. I remember when we got winter wheels and tires for my wife's integra. The OE hubcaps wouldn't mount up.

Exactly! Factory Wheel Covers DO NOT WORK with aftermarket steel wheels. You'll have to get a set of cheap wheel covers that pop on the aftermarket steelies.

Any suggestions? Searching Amazon for hub caps and such starts at $34 and up. That's silly expensive.

If not, as Mr_Joe says, I'll just spray the lugs with FluidFilm and run it capless until Spring.

Originally Posted By: HangFire
Any suggestions? Searching Amazon for hub caps and such starts at $34 and up. That's silly expensive.

If not, as Mr_Joe says, I'll just spray the lugs with FluidFilm and run it capless until Spring.

Why spray the lugs??? I run my winters on steelies with no hubcaps. Looks better than cheap hubcaps that will rattle and fall off anyways.

I used these on my Sienna, which ar 5x114.3 bolt pattern:

http://www.easternmarine.com/quicktrim-black-abs-trailer-hub-cover-5-on-4-1-2

Intended for trailers, but fits any wheel with that bolt pattern (along with a few others). I painted both them and the steel wheels silver.

Not sure what fits the 5x100 Corolla pattern, but maybe you can get either black or chrome centre caps of some sort. Chrome centre caps with the black steel wheels don't look too bad, and you have your hubs covered up from the snow, ice and dirt.

Older FWD Dodge/Plymouth cars had 5x100 lug patterns. My old '91 Sundance had OEM basic steel wheels with black plastic center caps that were held on by nothing but the protruding conical part of the lug nuts. I bought four of them when I got winter steel wheels for my 5x100 Impreza and it worked well. If you can dig up something like that it'll make the black steel wheels look a little more finished.

Google image search is failing me at the moment.

Originally Posted By: Rolla07
Why spray the lugs??? I run my winters on steelies with no hubcaps. Looks better than cheap hubcaps that will rattle and fall off anyways.

Where I live we have daily freeze/thaw cycles throughout most of the Winter, so steel gets exposed to a lot more salt water than areas that stay frozen for months at a time. More salty liquid moisture, more rust. Welcome to the Rust Belt.

I suppose I could buy some nicer looking chromed acorn nuts that would cover the end of the lugs. Hadn't thought of that. Nothing to get loose and lose, like hub caps. I'll have to shop around for that.

Thanks for setting me off in the right direction.

the 1st two generations of camry did have steelies with hub bore covers... good luck finding them. the 87-91 Camry were definitely 5x100. the 1st gen were probably 5x100 as well.

Just get some aftermarket hubcaps that are cheap replicas of Toyota ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back