Cordless pole saw

I just got slammed by the hurricane. I have an acre of oak trees that was destroyed and on the ground. I used an 18V brushless Ryobi 10” chainsaw and 18V 8” Ryobi pole saw over the course of 4 days to cut up the trees. To say I was impressed with the 18V Ryobi saws would be an understatement. I have a big Echo gas powered saw but I barely used it. The Ryobi saws ran nonstop for days and didn’t break down and just ran perfect. I put a new chain on them every day and kept the chains tight and the bars oiled. They were freaking awesome. My father in law was so impressed he immediately went and bought a 18V Ryobi chainsaw too…
Slightly off topic, but FWIW: oak is premium firewood. Great BTU output. An acre? In crazy SoCal it goes for $450 a cord. Whatever you get, someone will need it. Or donate it.

NO ONE is buying firewood in south Florida 😂

We have tens of thousands of acres of downed trees down and it’s all being chipped into mulch.

I kept more than enough oak wood for my fire pit and the rest went to the end of the road and was picked up by the county.

Milwaukee and Oregon got top honors in the project farm test. I'm not a fan of the motor being out on the end of the saw but ,for the price of the dewalt kit ($229) it makes it hard to pass up and it preformed well.

Back