Cooper A/T3's anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been waiting for some sort of a deal to pop up for new rubber on the Durango. A local shop is running a buy 3 get the 4th free deal on these Coopers. Size 265/70/16 for just over $600 out the door including taxes and mounting and balance.

The A/T3's look like the all terrain tire I'm looking for. I'm willing to give some on road manners for the added snow and occasional off-road capability. My question to anyone running these is how do you like them, and any pros/cons?

After plenty of online research I'm pretty confident that for this calibre of tire, the price is pretty good. There are some lesser all seasons I could get into cheaper, but like I mentioned, I like to have the added capability of an A/T tire just in case.

I've been considering them my self, but i heard somewhere (here?) that there is a labor dispute at cooper and that possibly quality may suffer not sure though. I really would like to go with them as they look awesome and are american made.

I've had these for a few months and I can tell U they are great everywhere except deep mud. I've run them in snow, sleet, pouring rain while going 75mph hauling a loaded trailer. They were great!! I've had them daily off road and haven't had many problems at all(except deep mud). U can't find a better AT tire out there IMO. They are on a 3/4 ton quad cab truck. 285-70-17" AT3s next to stock Michelins 265-70-17"

cooperAT3s.jpg

Here they are in sticky mud. They will clean out when U spin them. Gotta remember they are an AT not a mud tire.
stuck.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ridgerunner
I've had these for a few months and I can tell U they are great everywhere except deep mud. I've run them in snow, sleet, pouring rain while going 75mph hauling a loaded trailer. They were great!! I've had them daily off road and haven't had many problems at all(except deep mud). U can't find a better AT tire out there IMO. They are on a 3/4 ton quad cab truck. 285-70-17" AT3s next to stock Michelins 265-70-17"

cooperAT3s.jpg

Here they are in sticky mud. They will clean out when U spin them. Gotta remember they are an AT not a mud tire.
stuck.jpg

Sweet pics! I say go for it. Anything from Cooper is good in my books.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back