Coolant for 2016 F-250 6.2l

Just purchased the truck in the title above and it currently has Ford Orange in it. I want to do a flush and the OEM Orange isn't readily available here. I have some options and want to see what you guys think. All options are with a complete flush so compatibility is not much concern.

I can get this product locally and have used a lot of it with no issues in the past.

https://www.mfaoil.com/wp-content/uploads/Longlife-Pre-Mixed-50-50-Extended-Life-Antifreeze.pdf

I keep this in a 55 gallon drum for our diesels and use it in some older gas engines after a full flush of course:

https://trpparts.com/parts/part/?parentName=coolant&partNumber=EC3501

I keep John Deere Cool-Gard II for our newer JD equipment that is still under warranty as well.

Option 4 is track down the OEM Orange.

Let me know what you would do if it was yours.

I believe ford orange is the same as GM's dexcool;

That might increase the field of players.

First off .....Why do you want to do a flush. Dexcool is what you want to use.
The truck has 164k and no history of cooling system maintenance first off. Second, there is some brown residue in the coolant that looks like someone has possibly mixed something at some point. I figure a full flush and refill is the safest bet.

orange is readily available as dexcool.

motorcraft yellow can be added as a service fill. so can that universal long life product

If you’re doing a full flush I’d go for Prestone w/Cor-Guard or Motorcraft Yellow. Not that the other two options wouldn’t work I just don’t KNOW that they would work. Where as the MC Yellow is the updated part to replace Orange and I’m 99% sure it’s the same as the Prestone.

Flush it and use trp ec3501. If it's in the black jug its Rotella ELC or if it's in the white jug it's Chevron ELC good coolant.

Flush it and use trp ec3501. If it's in the black jug its Rotella ELC or if it's in the white jug it's Chevron ELC good coolant.
You think so? I was leaning towards that however nobody seemed to lean that direction here. When I sold it the black jugs were full strength(EC3101 for gallons) and white jugs were 50/50(EC3501 for gallons). Both were clearly marked with Chevron on the back. I believe it is an OAT coolant from my training with the dealer so it should be similar to the Orange.

You think so? I was leaning towards that however nobody seemed to lean that direction here. When I sold it the black jugs were full strength(EC3101 for gallons) and white jugs were 50/50(EC3501 for gallons). Both were clearly marked with Chevron on the back. I believe it is an OAT coolant from my training with the dealer so it should be similar to the Orange.
Ford is always changing there coolant. Like now your supposed to use the yellow in place of the orange. June 7th TRP switched vendors from Chevron to Shell Rotella ,so EC3501 was is a white bottle when it was Chevron and now that its Rotella its in a black bottle. Its relabeled Rotella ELC so its good for mixed fleets and automobiles. EC3501 is NOAT coolant that is good for 600,000 miles without extenders its Cat EC-1 approved, and approved for Paccar and Cummins. This coolant is what we have topping off and filling our Ford, Chevy, and Ram delivery vans for years now with no problem. Just my thoughts

Ford is always changing there coolant. Like now your supposed to use the yellow in place of the orange. June 7th TRP switched vendors from Chevron to Shell Rotella ,so EC3501 was is a white bottle when it was Chevron and now that its Rotella its in a black bottle. Its relabeled Rotella ELC so its good for mixed fleets and automobiles. EC3501 is NOAT coolant that is good for 600,000 miles without extenders its Cat EC-1 approved, and approved for Paccar and Cummins. This coolant is what we have topping off and filling our Ford, Chevy, and Ram delivery vans for years now with no problem. Just my thoughts
None of my business but with your knowledge I'm wondering if you for a PACCAR dealer?

If you’re doing a full flush I’d go for Prestone w/Cor-Guard or Motorcraft Yellow. Not that the other two options wouldn’t work I just don’t KNOW that they would work. Where as the MC Yellow is the updated part to replace Orange and I’m 99% sure it’s the same as the Prestone.
Is MC yellow just G05?

Back