Continous change OIC

Status
Not open for further replies.
My daughter follows the add a gt a month OIC
in a 1990 tercel that holds 3 gts.

I change it when she gets home but she puts 7-8k
on the above method. The above method is an improvement over her previous method which was
not even to add. Last summer I added 2 gts to get her on the dipstick.

Besides sending her Pepboy bucks for an OIC, any suggestions. I'm thinking 15-40 delo since she's in San Diego and changing the oil filter at least at 3K to improve her continuous change as tercel filter is right there in front center.

Any name brand quality filter should last the 7-8k OCI.
I wonder if an oversized filter will help.

The 15w40 is a good choice. Make sure she checks her oil more often and keep it topped off.

I had an ex-boyfriend that was like that. Had a 1990 chevy corisca which had 178K on it when he bought it. He bought it alittle before me and him started dated. Well It had 180K on the clock on it when we started dating. He never looked under the hood or anything. Well I checked and wouldn't ya know it took two and a half quarts to fill. I put a half a case of st 5W-30 in the trunk and told him to check it every week and top it off. He did. and it wasn't til it had 191K on it before I asked him how often he was gettin it changed and to my surprise he answered well I don't have to if I just keep adding right. I changed it. Put in Delvac 1300S 15W-40 and changed it at 195K and 198K and so on. And at 213K it blow.

I have seen a few vehicles go forever on this type of "oil change". If your constantly adding oil, an oil change once a year would be sufficient just for the fact of putting on a new filter.

quote:

I'm thinking 15-40 delo since she's in San Diego and changing the oil filter at least at 3K to improve her continuous change as tercel filter is right there in front center.

3K mi oil filter changes?
Don't do it. It's totally unnecessary.
Just change it with oil.

I'm thinking of stretching my intervals out to 7500 miles in my oil consuming 94 Corolla. I have 5K on the current interval and have added at least 2 full quarts of make up oil. Oil still is golden colored on the dipstick.

Took me a minute before I realized "gt" = "qt." (quart).
biggthumbcoffe.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back