Continental TrueContact Tour - Any experience?

My friend's 2019 CR-V EX-L FWD (235/60R18) came with some Hankook rubber that is shot at 33K. I talked with a local owned shop in Hayward, CA, NorCal Tire Pros.
They agreed to installation and alignment (thanks @The Critic ) for $800, cash only. 80K tire warranty. Please chime in with your experience with these tires. I tend to be a Michelin/Bridgestone buyer. Thanks in advance.

Mani get's the new rubber this morning. FYI, she cared for my father for the last 5 years of his life, allowing hime to stay in his own home. I would do anything for Mani as I owe her a lot.

Good tire IMO

Had two of the OG TrueContacts on a 300 in TLC usage, worked well
The set that went on my Late Taurus was good for the 6 months the car lasted 😭
The set I just put on the Milan are fine, although one has developed a bubble
I'm gonna test out their 1 year-2/32" inch road hazard guarantee in a week or so
Check if there's a rebate on, Continental likes to do rebates especially in June 💰🚨

I’ve been through a couple sets of Continental TrueContact on my daughter’s Volvo. Good traction. Good life. Good ride. They’re a good value in a grand touring tire.

continental tires are excellent, get with highest confidence: traction, mpg, noise.
a kind caregiver who helped an ailing parent live comfortably to the end of his/her life at home is absolutely priceless.

I’ve purchased a couple of sets of the TrueContact Tour tires. They are superb. Great wet traction, good in snow, and incredibly smooth and quiet. One set has 55K miles on them and they still have roughly 50% of their tread remaining. They are much smoother than the Pirelli P7 A/S+ (first gen) tires that they replaced.

+1 to all this about Conti tires. I had good results with them many years ago on a Lexus GS430, and more recently last year on my Mazda 3. In both cases to replace crappy OEM tires. Compared to the OEM tires the Contis are better in every way, most notably quieter with better traction both dry and wet.

BTW, Conti's bicycle tires are also excellent - the GP5000 are the best tires I've ever had on a road bike.

I had a set of True Contact Tour on my Outback, and was very pleased with them. Good handling. Good traction. Quiet. Good tread life. The only reason I didn't put another set on, is that I wanted to replace them with A/T tires. I still stayed with Continental Terrain Contact A/T.

I have been very satisfied with every set of Continental tires that I've driven on, and have found myself putting them on my cars more than anything else. I wish that I had put another set of Pure Contact LS on my E350, instead of the Nokian One that I went with last year.

Wow, I appreciate all the posts. When I hear someone like @Astro14 is a repeat customer, that tells me a lot. From what I have seen, he is a critical thinker and not likely to repeat a poor choice. Repeat business tends to be a strong indicator.

I service Mani's CR-V and we visit my Dad's gravesite. An incredible woman as my father was not a nice man. I owe her a lot.
I also have to believe $800 all in ain't bad. I am satisfied.

I've had them on a 08 BMW 3 Series and on a Subaru OB. Good tire and did well with both vehicles in the Northeast. I just put new tires on the same OB (225/60/18). I've been close to the shop owner and his manager for close to 20 years. She recommended General Umtimax and stated same compound but less aggressive tread and made by Conti. $120 cheaper than the Conti's in this crazy $$$ market.

I haven't had them long to say much but so far I really like them. Feels similar to the Vaderstein's I had that are much softer compound and no highway noise. No perceptible gas mileage hit. Performance in rain has been what it should. Will be a bit for a test in the snow.

Edit to add: $120 cheaper is for 4 tires and an alignment.

I don’t have any experience with them however, because of their reviews and testing score, it put them on the strong consideration list for me.

They’re good tires, @JeffKeryk.

About to put a 3rd set on my daughter’s 2002 V70. I wouldn’t put her on anything but good tires.

I went with higher performance Michelin Pilot AS4 on the two Mercedes.

These Continentals last longer, cost less and work very well. You might give up a little bit of max traction in the dry, but I’ve pushed the Volvo (with Bilstein shocks and upgraded sway bars) pretty hard with the Conti’s on it and they do well.

Excellent traction in wet and dry.

Mani said they were so quiet she had to roll down her window... All good.
1vgh-Y8CLPN2nF-45PW1thghXn_vk9ZnVC-7Xa9Ix9i4jwuUdRtl6XqsWCcU-sYqHUWhq_hM-LK-uT1YpIqAh4LaJL8MWpq_IQ_bOQiMhNmfHYi2iGqM61Lu7eq-IY799dJXs0MNEkUMgf441Jtn9ahNVje36I0V_2mAsExGiEMV2YP0BPvLvcgJToDMwP_FXAUWo_URLKOn1Nvw08vLxoCN5OIbXnE-M2rFU_RA-RCF6EQFUhEvqusyJ6uauJgLl3DLqIC3ZhydmHT3cfOcmwzan8Tvtkjnozs3lkRJg_KaUB5oTetKE933NCxZ0l1B5myVSKvLn7flA2h8klvOI-wG2SRRqfyiersXizswGfkG6c2nZkK5m02iD1toWeLnriqn74T_Bmy6IdQoMLivPX7hQYS9TBEhwmhfaovVkknu5KH3VOGT9IZ43Jd3JzWhrvD5Cw8iJu8GMjDf29RN9y1ieDkfP0YppQDv_J1gTz38ceNcbFlzooJ1litUZZfQyY3g6JzGnEaMWtuTVOZeYXE6KHAuxlLH9h7p9NkywjqO9sNsbTMZOa9WWGbj5Vm-8s7HKe4hdcFS753BvwW0m24C2awQ32Lf-w-hjO1Ukw5o5hZ39G4a47QwYHsNvgT2xWJJw2X_YdxquPKNzRM9xoCei8s08vIBterMBFYWpPBjXILqIHJoCMS1w1bsB8MMK_KIqprvq165umRz-txuFeRsXvg_HP46o8PfEGD17Yl_yqbYoWeVwj1KXoM4yA=w1464-h713-no

Last edited:
I have them on both my daughters cars (Sentra and the Sportage). They have been wonderful over the last year. Quiet, great traction and awesome wear. I don’t think you can go wrong honestly.

I have them on the Avalon.

Quiet as a church mouse. Excellent wet and dry traction. Reasonable cost.

I will stay with them.

Th
My friend's 2019 CR-V EX-L FWD (235/60R18) came with some Hankook rubber that is shot at 33K. I talked with a local owned shop in Hayward, CA, NorCal Tire Pros.
They agreed to installation and alignment (thanks @The Critic ) for $800, cash only. 80K tire warranty. Please chime in with your experience with these tires. I tend to be a Michelin/Bridgestone buyer. Thanks in advance.

Mani get's the new rubber this morning. FYI, she cared for my father for the last 5 years of his life, allowing hime to stay in his own home. I would do anything for Mani as I owe her a lot.
They are good tires. I’ve had 3sets in the past and got 42000 or so on each set. Doesn’t sound impressive until you find out my van eats tires and some brands barely make it to 20000 miles. Good traction and noise. Don’t dry rot as much as other brands. Will likely get them again if available. Good value. Can’t really think of any negatives on them.

GENERAL tires good as well . Have used them since their release .

Just replaced 4 O.E.M CONTINENTAL ProContact TX (H) 185/65-15 with RT43 (H) . The TX did well in rain and light snow . Rolling resistance is good . Hopefully the 43s' won't have much impact on F.E..

Back