Continental TrueContact Tour (H-Rated)

I had a set of these installed onto a 2017 CR-V. These tires replaced the original Hankook Kinergy GT. 235/60-18 H-rated was the version installed. Made in Portugal.

These tires are very quiet and their dry traction is decent. Ride quality is quite good. The sidewalls are on the soft side, even compared to the original tires. I have driven a vehicle with Michelin Premier LTX's in the same size on a similar platform (RDX) and the TrueContact Tours ride a hair better and are quieter, but the Premier LTX's deliver much better handling.

For the price, they are an excellent tire. Nthach drove this car and may add his comments as well.

Note: the H-rated version and the T-rated version are different. Temp/traction ratings are different as well. TR tested the H-rated version and CR tested the T-rated; both sites gave high marks but for different reasons.

9698AAB2-3D38-4CDA-8B13-EDF02F27210B.jpeg

E48EE01E-10AC-4B57-9E6A-521B5CD67839.jpeg

I just put the exact same tires on my 2017 SantaFe SE AWD. Much quieter and softer riding than the Kumho Crugens that came off[OEM].

I run mine at 36 psi cold - helps with the stability IMO. Better handling, IMO.

These proved their worth this morning on the way into work. We had some really heavy showers/downpours, and with all the leaves blocking the storm drains, there was a lot of standing water/running water on the roadways. These went thru it without hardly a blip in the steering wheel.

We will see how they work in the snow if we get any this year.

Thanks for the reviews. I'm waiting for the arrival of a set of T-rated for my '10 Sonata from DT, that I got during their Black Friday sale for $362 after the rebates, mounted, balanced, and insured, out the door. Seems like a bargain for an 80K-warranted tire. I don't expect them to actually go that far, but DT has always been decent to me with their prorations if they don't.

Last edited:
Current $70 Conti rebate plus if applicable 10 or 20% DT/AT BF rebate promo with DT CC. Though not identified, lift type, equipment, and shop layout looks like DT/(AT) store? Also ime DT has no problem allowing entrance to shop area where pics look to have been taken.

Were the OE Hankooks worn out?

Continental puts the sound-absorbing ContiSilent in a very few sizes of its new ProContact TX, with lots of siping, standard on the new Regal TourX:
[Linked Image]

"Limited sizes of the ProContact TX are available with Continental's ContiSilent Technology, which involves the manufacturer adhering a layer of sound-absorbing foam to the inner liner of the tire to reduce cabin noise in the vehicle. "

Originally Posted by Sayjac
Current $70 Conti rebate plus if applicable 10 or 20% DT/AT BF rebate promo with DT CC. Though not identified, lift type, equipment, and shop layout looks like DT/(AT) store? Also ime DT has no problem allowing entrance to shop area where pics look to have been taken.

Were the OE Hankooks worn out?

After all discounts, the cost of the tires was $570.

The car has 30K miles and all four tires were at 4/32".

Originally Posted by oil_film_movies
Continental puts the sound-absorbing ContiSilent in a very few sizes of its new ProContact TX, with lots of siping, standard on the new Regal TourX:
[Linked Image]

"Limited sizes of the ProContact TX are available with Continental's ContiSilent Technology, which involves the manufacturer adhering a layer of sound-absorbing foam to the inner liner of the tire to reduce cabin noise in the vehicle. "

The TrueContact Tour has much better ratings overall on Tirerack.

Originally Posted by Brigadier
[Linked Image]

OEM Tires tend not to have good ratings as aftermarket tires, not to mention, have inflated prices.

I am putting the exact same tires on our 2010 Mazda 6 (215/55-17) that my son has at college now. They are being installed on Friday, and the pricing at DT was very fair after the 20% Black Friday rebate and $70 rebate from Continental. I don't drive the car much anymore so won't be able to provide a detailed review, but I am hoping they work well and last a long time.

Last night driving home in the rain, I had to slam on the breaks to miss a swerving car that was avoiding an accident. These stopped on a dime. Fortunately traffic was only going about 30 mph, but it was like I caught an arresting hook.

Originally Posted by UG_Passat
.. https://www.tirerack.com/images/tires/conti/co_procon_tx_pdpcrop.jpg
OEM Tires tend not to have good ratings as aftermarket tires, not to mention, have inflated prices.
You two are talking about Consumer Reviews on Tire Rack, NOT actual Tire Rack tire performance tests. Those Consumer Reviews people write in are ridiculous & useless.

I mainly was just saying the ProContact TX had the ContiSilent sound absorbing treatment that I wish all their tires had.
That said, we don't know how the ProContact TX would compare with the OP's TrueContact Tour. The TrueContact Tour was tested and TireRack did like it pretty well: "The Continental TrueContact Tour is pleasant on the road thanks to its comfortable ride and relaxed steering feel, and its surprising poise on the dry track is matched by test-leading capability in the wet."

Actually,
Originally Posted by UG_Passat
.. https://www.tirerack.com/images/tires/conti/co_procon_tx_pdpcrop.jpg
You two are talking about Consumer Reviews on Tire Rack, NOT actual Tire Rack tire performance tests. Those Consumer Reviews people write in are ridiculous & useless.

I mainly was just saying the ProContact TX had the ContiSilent sound absorbing treatment that I wish all their tires had.
That said, we don't know how the ProContact TX would compare with the OP's TrueContact Tour. The TrueContact Tour was tested and TireRack did like it pretty well: "The Continental TrueContact Tour is pleasant on the road thanks to its comfortable ride and relaxed steering feel, and its surprising poise on the dry track is matched by test-leading capability in the wet."

Actually, both. Tire Rack DID test the TrueContact, even in the snow.

And sorry, but reviews from 1000 actual users is more relevant at spotting issues than a one time paid[or not] professional review. A one time review has no indication of the life of a tire, how it wears, if it still handles well when half worn.

.....of its new ProContact TX, ........
Tire Rack DID test the TrueContact
You said the ProContact TX was tested against the TrueContact. It never happened.
Again, consumer reviews are mostly garbage, everybody knows that.

Where is the ProTX vs. True comparison test you claim to know about?

[/quote]
oil_film_movies said:
.....of its new ProContact TX, ........
Tire Rack DID test the TrueContact
You said the ProContact TX was tested against the TrueContact. It never happened.
Again, consumer reviews are mostly garbage, everybody knows that.

Where is the ProTX vs. True comparison test you claim to know about?

Work on your reading comprehension. I never said that. Good grief. Having to resort to making things up now?

I said:

I NEVER said anything about a head to head comparison, did I?

Update:

After 9K miles, the tires have approximately 8/32" remaining on the fronts and 8.5/32" remaining on the rears.

Originally Posted by The Critic
Update:

After 9K miles, the tires have approximately 8/32" remaining on the fronts and 8.5/32" remaining on the rears.

At 10k miles, my tires (toyo a36) on my cx5 turbo have 6/32 on all 4. Just a datapoint.

Update:

Tires have 55K on them and all 4 are measuring 4.5/32”.

Tires have been rotated every 9-10K with each oil change.

Driver says they are fine in dry and wet conditions, but are completely worthless for any trip up to Lake Tahoe. 😂

Back