Consumer Guide Automotive : Cost of charging electric vehicles ...

Which confirms my other post. Tesla owners are more willing to accept poor build quality car for the sake of being stylish. The car has the reliability of a 1985 Chevette but otherwise its great and I am satisfied with it because it is a Tesla and it is fast 0-60. That is sad.

Which confirms my other post. Tesla owners are more willing to accept poor build quality car for the sake of being stylish. The car has the reliability of a 1985 Chevette but otherwise its great and I am satisfied with it because it is a Tesla and it is fast 0-60. That is sad.
That's your opinion, which you are entitled to. How many owners have you talked to?
Here's a study from Investopedia, if you are interested.

By the way, I agree with you that "stylish" is a key reason, but for many cars. No one needs an MBZ, Caddy, Porsche, BMW, Tesla, Corvette, Bro-Dozer, etc. A Civic/Corolla Accord/Camry, strippie pickup does pretty much the same thing and is a whole lot cheaper.

Sales and marketing teaches that most buys, especially expensive buys, are emotional buys.

Last edited:
This is the only quality study that matters if you're mainly focused on the powertrain. 4 Million vehicles inspected by professional mechanics from Maine to California.

Lexus.png

That's your opinion, which you are entitled to. How many owners have you talked to?
Here's a study from Investopedia, if you are interested.

By the way, I agree with you that "stylish" is a key reason, but for many cars. No one needs an MBZ, Caddy, Porsche, BMW, Tesla, Corvette, Bro-Dozer, etc. A Civic/Corolla Accord/Camry, strippie pickup does pretty much the same thing and is a whole lot cheaper.

Sales and marketing teaches that most buys, especially expensive buys, are emotional buys.
I have been in this business a very long time and get around to all sorts of car buyers and have driven all sorts of cars inc Tesla.
The other EV's from Audi, BMW and Porsche have a much more satisfied customer base when it comes to the comfort and quality of the car despite it being an EV.
Some owners bought an EV for all the wrong reasons, mainly pressure because of the lies and propaganda the politicians and environmental lunatics are pushing, quite a few have sold their EV and others are just dissatisfied with them. The Tesla S especially is not in the same class as some cars costing half as much, having drove one I found it while powerful enough in every other aspect the car was cheap and poor quality. An Audi A4 or A6 is a much nicer car.

I have been in this business a very long time and get around to all sorts of car buyers and have driven all sorts of cars inc Tesla.
The other EV's from Audi, BMW and Porsche have a much more satisfied customer base when it comes to the comfort and quality of the car despite it being an EV.
Some owners bought an EV for all the wrong reasons, mainly pressure because of the lies and propaganda the politicians and environmental lunatics are pushing, quite a few have sold their EV and others are just dissatisfied with them. The Tesla S especially is not in the same class as some cars costing half as much, having drove one I found it while powerful enough in every other aspect the car was cheap and poor quality. An Audi A4 or A6 is a much nicer car.
In Silicon Valley, the execs have a saying, "KSAs". Knowledge, skills and abilities. This speaks to the ability to execute in a variety of conditions over time, from emergency fire fighting to proven long term results.
For the record, I am in awe of your KSAs.

Regarding the upscale German cars, I live in one of the biggest markets for them. Guess which cars get the reputation for, "the worst car I've ever owned." "Always in the shop." "Takes a nose dive." Upscale German (with the exception of Porsche). I have heard, so many times, "Don't buy, lease!"

I'm sure people sometimes (often?) buy cars for the wrong reasons. Not just Teslas and whatever EV. When I got my 1st break in high tech, the parking lot was full of drop dead gorgeous 3 Series and upscale German. Man did I lust over the Boxsters and 911s. The big MBZ 5.5... I drove a strippie Toyota 4WD with the mighty 22RE.
Well, my homes are paid off and I can buy any car I want. Others as they approach retirement are struggling due to money issues, but they sure had nice cars.

Curious if you had the chance to drive a Kia EV6 which I think is gorgeous and I think would be compared to the Model 3.
I think KIA might have a home run with this model but what do I know?

In Silicon Valley, the execs have a saying, "KSAs". Knowledge, skills and abilities. This speaks to the ability to execute in a variety of conditions over time, from emergency fire fighting to proven long term results.
For the record, I am in awe of your KSAs.

Regarding the upscale German cars, I live in one of the biggest markets for them. Guess which cars get the reputation for, "the worst car I've ever owned." "Always in the shop." "Takes a nose dive." Upscale German (with the exception of Porsche). I have heard, so many times, "Don't buy, lease!"

I'm sure people sometimes (often?) buy cars for the wrong reasons. Not just Teslas and whatever EV. When I got my 1st break in high tech, the parking lot was full of drop dead gorgeous 3 Series and upscale German. Man did I lust over the Boxsters and 911s. The big MBZ 5.5... I drove a strippie Toyota 4WD with the mighty 22RE.
Well, my homes are paid off and I can buy any car I want. Others as they approach retirement are struggling due to money issues, but they sure had nice cars.
I know I hear the same things. Funny thing is in Germany where these cars are a domestic they don't seem to have much trouble at all.

Back