Construction contractor on Zoom call was constantly spitting chewing tobacco into empty coffee cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was on a Zoom conference call for a big construction project going on and I noticed one of the main construction contractors was constantly spitting his chewing tobacco into an empty coffee cup for everyone to see.

I know the habit is difficult to kick, but he couldn’t hold off for an hour and not spit into cup.... ?

He looked very unprofessional..... 😦

Last edited:
What's even more disgusting are those types who always hack in public. Imo that's just as nasty as for someone to drop their pants and use the restroom out in public. Just looks really low class. Please have a little couth and decent manners while out in public view.

I had a coworker that did this (in a large corporate office). Another coworker went to HR about it but they couldn't do anything since our company policy doesn't specifically say anything about chewing tobacco.

I would have said something like, what a second, Wayne, what are you 38? I bet you started using dip when you was a teenager growing up. So you are addicted to that nasty crap as an adult because of your youthful indiscretion.

Probably not material for immediate termination but the extreme lack of professionalism would come up in later meetings between the companies that hired the contractor. It's a surprisingly small world and I wouldn't doubt it if he just jeopardized his construction company's ability to win contracts in the future.

What's even more disgusting are those types who always hack in public. Imo that's just as nasty as for someone to drop their pants and use the restroom out in public. Just looks really low class. Please have a little couth and decent manners while out in public view.

There was a lady like this on the morning commute train to work pre-covid. She always coughed like she was 5 minutes away from needing an oxygen tank.

I would have said something like, what a second, Wayne, what are you 38? I bet you started using dip when you was a teenager growing up. So you are addicted to that nasty crap as an adult because of your youthful indiscretion.
Wayne would probably tell you to mind your own business and get bent... he's got work to do, "oh... and BTW is this zoom sh*t done? Can I get back to the work that you guys make spreadsheets about?"
Mike B

That's how addiction works lol. A zoom call will only make a dipper crave that nic hit even more since it makes things more bearable.

I was on a Zoom conference call for a big construction project going on and I noticed one of the main construction contractors was constantly spitting his chewing tobacco into an empty coffee cup for everyone to see.

I know the habit is difficult to kick, but he couldn’t hold off for an hour and not spit into cup.... ?

He looked very unprofessional..... 😦

He is being very professional. What you are asking for is just like asking someone to do something irrelevant, like wearing a suit to an interview in 2021.

Just ask questions, get answers, let him out of the meeting quick so he can get back to the job.

One in six people admit having made Zoom conference calls while on the toilet.
This is why telling everyone to turn on their camera and unmute is unprofessional.

One manager call out our director that many ladies do not have make up on so they can refuse to turn on the camera. I made a joke that we should hurry and put our pants on in 30 seconds and take off the NSFW posters on our bedroom walls.

Our director got the message and never ask again.

Showing his disdain for being forced to use zoom.
I don't understand them myself. I don't want to see other people like that. If I really need to communicate with a person, text or call.
For those who do feel a need to watch others on cam, sign up to a sex site you freak, and pay the $2.99 a minute.

Back in 1999 we hooked up a nice audio/video conferencing system … hanging microphones … panning cameras … “egg carton” walls … all that.
Yep, same thing … he was our new boss … and addicted to that stuff.
Otherwise - he was a very smart dude and very motivated. In fact too much so to stay … joined a smaller company that wound up on the cover of fortune small business …

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back